go up 1 post
go up 1 post
go up 1 post
go up 1 post
go up 1 post
go up 1 post
is that one 2 many?

That is really awesome :slayer:

I'd keep it myself, won't take up much space and it's always handy :) as for it being military for some reason I just can't imagine they would bother. Afterall they've get logistics corp that can move just about anything to just about anywhere, and generaly military stuff is very bulky and simple. That said if you do flog it how much would you want for it?? (y)

I've found "Max Load 10CWTS" written on the towing hitch.

10CWTS = 500kg ... :eek:

That is really awesome :slayer:

I'd keep it myself, won't take up much space and it's always handy :) as for it being military for some reason I just can't imagine they would bother. Afterall they've get logistics corp that can move just about anything to just about anywhere, and generaly military stuff is very bulky and simple. That said if you do flog it how much would you want for it?? (y)

My neighbour suggested it may have been used for carrying ammunition? With a weight limit of 500kg I suppose its possible? But the suspension units are a modern design, similar to the ones below. If it were more than 20 years old and military I would have expected to see leaf spring suspension on it.

lmx434.jpg

Not sure I'm going to sell it yet, I'll let you know if I do.

Last edited:
I worked for a trailer Co many snows back, inc. mil & civil aircraft loading type – but don’t have knowledge of anything that dinkie. If it’s MoD kit then presumably it’d fit a common Land Rover. There appears to be a Patt’n (or Part) No? on the hitch casting.

Can’t find a (current) match for Dunlop & RL-5 either. The RL would seem to fit with `Radial Loader’ a Goodyear series - & Goodyear-Dunlop Group go back to the late 90s(?) If the date code is three digits then they’re pre-2000 (e.g. 449 = wk44/1999). The manufacturers code will give the plant origin – whether Dunlop or Goodyear. (I’ve had Fulda from a Goodyear plant - & Continentals from a Uniroyal plant).

I’d hang-on to it, space permitting. You’ll be in big demand when the locals, with brats with kit to ship to uni hear of it.

The hitch has "B&B" written on it. Has "50mm" written on it to.

I don't think its more than 20 years old, the parts seem recent and in good condition. My guess would be 15 years old maximum, not military, possibley a small amount made. Definately looks like it went through some sort of productuion line.

A very clever design IMO.

There's a company called Bradley that make trailers and components.

The name Bradley & Bates also springs to mind for some reason but can't find any reference to them.

In 2009 the trailer business was sold to Mersea Trailers and the towing products business plus the Dixon-Bate trade name was sold to Bradley Doublelock Ltd.
http://www.dixonbate.co.uk/about.asp

This is the company today.
http://www.bradleydoublelock.co.uk/products.php

So some parts are from Bradley & Bates giving a possible date of manufacture from 2009 onwards. :chin:

Last edited:
I'd change the tyres if i was you old trailer types have a bad habit of going pop with age hardening the rubber

I dont think they're very old, I'm no expert but they look to be in great condition. If I decide to keep it I'll do as you say, better safe than sorry. (y)

Folding? I think you should rename the thread to "Unbolt it and take it all apart Trailer. ;)

After a bit of research I think a more accurate title would be "collapsible trailer".

Last edited:
Back