Tuning Fmic

Currently reading:
Tuning Fmic

Apart from the Forge item, has anyone fitted an intercooler like this -

One that sticks out a bit more than the Forge one? Is it just a case of fabricating some brackets/hoses to fit a universal FMIC in the bumper?

Attachments

• 183699_10150091387262797_614897796_6757022_8097863_n.jpg
    183699_10150091387262797_614897796_6757022_8097863_n.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 93
Seen one on a mk2 punto but never on a GP, it would be for looks more than anything I reckon because the Forge one is the perfect size to prevent heat soak and increase torque without increasing lag (noticeably)

I know i would have to fit the correct size IC but i really know little of how everything works i just think that if im going to spend £350 on one i would like to be able to see it :p

The only way I can see is if you fit the Forge FMIC, remove the lower grill and cut to the left and right of the lower grill, obviously leaving a strip before the foglight so it will still be supported. You'd be the first but I reckon it would look good, because you'd see the pipework just like on the one above.

The only way I can see is if you fit the Forge FMIC, remove the lower grill and cut to the left and right of the lower grill, obviously leaving a strip before the foglight so it will still be supported. You'd be the first but I reckon it would look good, because you'd see the pipework just like on the one above.

how close is the Forge intercooler to the lower grill when fitted?

I know i would have to fit the correct size IC but i really know little of how everything works i just think that if im going to spend £350 on one i would like to be able to see it :p

Really! You want to see it? That’s like walking around with your flies undone.

But then I’m firmly in the ‘manufacturer knows best’ camp.

If manufacturers knew best then why are nearly all race cars modified :rolleyes:

Ive never seen any race car that is 100% standard before (and nor am i calling my car a race car but you get the idea (y))

If fiat knew best then their cars would never break, would handle like a lotus elise and out drag a Skyline but seeing as this probably is beyond any fiat then we are going to have to get out wallets/toolboxes out to improve on the design

Think visible IC should be left to the JDM style and/or cars that are running insane bhp.

Is that a Colt in the pic? Looks ridiculous.

One of the fastest in the Uk aparently, lives down the road from me -
240 bhp aparently with high boost

i like taking bits from the euro scene and bits from the JDM boys to make my cars look different (y)

Back to the point:

I have been in touch with Forge about if its possible to mount a FMIC further forward in the bumper, aparently it cant be moved forward because the lower bumper reinforcement bar is in the way

Ah yes I just remembered that from fitting mine, you can see it in the pictures of the FMIC on Forge's site.

I still like my idea if you fancied modifying the bumper. Could be photshopped first if you had a tripod in a fixed position and took 2 pictures before and after bumper removal.

Ah yes I just remembered that from fitting mine, you can see it in the pictures of the FMIC on Forge's site.

I still like my idea if you fancied modifying the bumper. Could be photshopped first if you had a tripod in a fixed position and took 2 pictures before and after bumper removal.

My bumper will need a respray in the next year anyway the paint is flaking off and its chipped to hell so i might get something custom done (y)

im sh*t at photoshop but ill try and find some suitable pictures to chop

Back