Tuning Flywheel timing marks

Currently reading:
Tuning Flywheel timing marks

Dirk007

Hi can anyone help me the timing mark on the flywheel must it be on zero degrees TDC when replacing the belt because it seems sluggish some cars are slightly before TDC like 5 degrees before please help

Hi can anyone help me the timing mark on the flywheel must it be on zero degrees TDC when replacing the belt because it seems sluggish some cars are slightly before TDC like 5 degrees before please help
Not sure what engine you have, maybe give engine series no.
According to my cam belt book that model has a timing chain in this Country.;)

Not sure what engine you have, maybe give engine series no.
According to my cam belt book that model has a timing chain in this Country.;)
According to the papers its the same as the uno 1100 engine just fuel injected but ive bought the car second hand so no hand book available but its definitely a belt 125/16

According to the papers its the same as the uno 1100 engine just fuel injected but ive bought the car second hand so no hand book available but its definitely a belt 125/16
The reason im looking for the flywheel mark before TDC is there is no definitive mark on the crank caseing the cam mark is fine know where that is

The reason im looking for the flywheel mark before TDC is there is no definitive mark on the crank caseing the cam mark is fine know where that is
My books don't list a 1.1 Uno, maybe it is a model specific to South Africa,but if you have an engine series number it may help. The first book has timing belt fitting data and the second one a Technical data so not relevant for timing marks. Apart from that many Fiats had a square hole on top of bell housing with engine timing marks to a groove in the flywheel 0,5,10 degrees.:)

Attachments

• DSCF1325.JPG
    DSCF1325.JPG
    456 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF1327.JPG
    DSCF1327.JPG
    465.8 KB · Views: 3
My books don't list a 1.1 Uno, maybe it is a model specific to South Africa,but if you have an engine series number it may help. The first book has timing belt fitting data and the second one a Technical data so not relevant for timing marks. Apart from that many Fiats had a square hole on top of bell housing with engine timing marks to a groove in the flywheel 0,5,10 degrees.:)
Hi thanks for your effort to help i used the hole on the bell housing and set it to 3 degrees then the cam on its mark and it has got all its power back revs pick up smoothly and quick ..i do appreciate you help thanx

Back