General fittin 4x100 wheels to4x98 hubs

Currently reading:
General fittin 4x100 wheels to4x98 hubs

airey hgt

hi everyone just a quick question has anyone had any trouble fitting 4x100 17 inch alloys to fiat hubs using wobbly conversion bolts.for sum reason my passenger side front is scrubbing the inside tyre off and it has a wobble at 65 help:bang:

sounds to me like one of the rings is missing

Yup. When using wobbly bolts if the wheel bore is bigger than what the hub takes then the wheel won't be centered properly.

When you use standard bolts the bolts will centre the wheel on the hub but never ever just use the bolts to centre and hold a wheel. Always use a spigot ring.

Get suitable spigots and fit them and that should cure the problem

Yup. When using wobbly bolts if the wheel bore is bigger than what the hub takes then the wheel won't be centered properly.

When you use standard bolts the bolts will centre the wheel on the hub but never ever just use the bolts to centre and hold a wheel. Always use a spigot ring.

Get suitable spigots and fit them and that should cure the problem

:yeahthat:absolutely

cheers forthat lads the car has had new gas shocks ftted and the alloys have the correct spigot rings.the wheels have been balanced and the trackin is fine still got a wobble at 60 ish only thing i can see is that an antirollbar bush is fuked that would not give a wobble would it/

cheers forthat lads the car has had new gas shocks ftted and the alloys have the correct spigot rings.the wheels have been balanced and the trackin is fine still got a wobble at 60 ish only thing i can see is that an antirollbar bush is fuked that would not give a wobble would it/

I wouldn't think so. Though maybe at high speed any sort of movement may be exagerated so you would feel it more.

I'd have the new shocks install double checked? As other than the wheels (which you say everything is 100% on) it's the only other thing you have changed.

If the shock install is ok then I'd say a trip to Fiat may be your best bet incase anything else is wrong. The only problem you may have now is your warrenty may be non existant when it comes to wheels, supension etc and all the associated parts after you have changed them to aftermarket parts.

Sorry I can't suggest what it may be. Hope you get it sorted.

Are the wheels new? If not it could be buckled, although that wouldn't always cause scrubbing of the tread.

Or how about a wheel bearing? Worth a look!

Put the original wheels back on the front (one at a time) to confirm it is the wheels (or one of them).

I've got a noise or vibration on mine at the moment (standard 15" alloys) - been balanced twice but I think one of the tyres (or wheels) is probably out-of-round. I'm going to swap them around to prove it.

thanx for the replys everyone gon put on sum new alloys with new wobbly tuner bolts on .if this doesnt cure it its goin on ebay:bang:

cheers for your help boys after replacin shocks and a lower arm it was still doin it .so i had a good look on a four post and it was a couple of stablizer bar bushes drives mint now(y)

Back