Technical Fit old type handbrake lever into Panda

Currently reading:
Technical Fit old type handbrake lever into Panda

zoltanpapp82

Hi,

we are planning to replace the 2003 Panda, a candidate is 2012+ Panda, but the new style handbrake lever is a definite no-go due to medical issues. Is there a way to have the old style handbrake in it? Is it replaceable? If so could you tell me what is the part number of the classic type?

Thank you,
Zoltan

Hi All

If you find a car with heated seats then it will have to have the optional extended center console for the heated seat switches and this forces a standard handbrake, I think its that way round anyway.

Tim

Yep, described as “raised centre console” on a new car order if memory serves.

New Pandas without the winter pack and/or the Cross’s drive mode selector get a traditional handbrake; ones with those options get the “mouse”-style one to accommodate the reduced space aft of the raised console.

@zoltanpapp82 This image is from a company selling armrests to fit the Panda. On the left (picture 1), the original lever as fitted to all 2102-2018 panda models. On the right, the revised (more conventional) style lever fitted to post 2018-ish Pandas, except the 4x4 Cross or any with the heated seat option. This confirms my earlier comment that as well as the lever being different, the trim around it is too. So, yes, it could be replaced, but at what cost?

(Image source; https://www.armrests-design-mittela...fiat/armrest-for-fiat-panda-new-ccc1396389572)

Attachments

• 1644514545511.png
    1644514545511.png
    341.6 KB · Views: 100
Back