General First Service cost

Currently reading:
General First Service cost

traj

Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum and my wife and I are the happy owners of a 500 purchased new. We have now had it for a year and covered 10 000 km and it is time for it's first handbook service. The handbook indicates that there is only an oil and filter change required and some checks.
Can anyone especially in Australia tell me what to expect to pay for this service at the dealer? Our car is a 1.2 litre manual.

By the way, we have not had even the slightest thing go wrong. The car was purchased for my wife and it was a great choice. I got so jealous of her new Italian car that I bought a new Italian car for myself 3 months later - Alfa Romeo Giulietta. I've covered 10 000 km in this car and no issues whatsoever either.

Thanks for any input.

My first service was around $220.

1.2 is a great engine. Done 21,000kms and no problems yet. I know it's still low kms.

My first service (12 month, low km) at the dealership service centre was $365 -- basically, oil and filter change and the rest is just inspections. And that's for a TwinAir 500C, which has its own special filter element I believe.

Yes it's a rip-off, but it's what I expected. If you go with an indie, it'll be much cheaper.

Back