General First impressions and storage solutions

Currently reading:
General First impressions and storage solutions

Red Van Man

My Fiorino's a Qubo..
I did look for the spare wheel solution. Already got a jack for the Qubo but would like a 'real' wheel if there's room plus any space savers seen aren't 18". No doubt a dealer would supply a real wheel plus the injection moulded space filler to hold all the gubbins at a huge price..

The trim level is weird - rather hybrid, bits from other cars but not as much as you might expect for the top level - auto wipers and lights as you point out.
I also would have expected a lot more LED lighting viz DRLs, wing mirror indicators, rear cluster etc. considering the modernness of the car. (Trucks have more than a lot of cars!) Also the paltry reversing light which could easily have been a pair to assist the driver perhaps?

Dual climate is akin to once permitting smoking in one half of an aircraft - the heat/cold won't remain in one part will it! Puddle lights, hmmm. The cool port will keep my choc firm in summer ;)

Would you like to give me a link for the lidded pot?

As Pedrolami reported there's a filler moulding for the centre console to make the space far more useful. This one off the bay rather than Alibaba.. Clicky
Why don't Fiat think of these things before launching a car? Or even do massive questionnaires of their loyal user base? It would surely avoid complaints and encourage positive feedback (y)

Nice having 2 litres under the right foot after the sluggish 1.3l of the other car..

R-V-M

You can get a spare, jack, etc for between £50 and £100 on eBay. So no big deal.

The Cross Plus is the top of the range 'off-road' trim. It's analogous to my trim (Lounge) on the 'city look' version. Unfortunately, FIAT made some very strange equipment choices. The least you'd expect on a top of the range spec is the auto lights, wipers, dimming rear view mirror. But this is omitted which is odd as they gave it xenon headlights(!). It also hasn't got LED daytime running lights which I feel should be standard.

Would have been happier to lose the dual zone climate control in favour of single zone, the puddle lights and the useless chilled glove box in exchange for these. I would have even happily lost one of the two ways you can lock the inside doors from each of the front seats!

Heated seats and steering wheels tend to be an optional extra nowadays - more so as they are trying to keep the cost of the vehicles down whilst also facing the fact that we have a weaker £GBP with which to buy stuff.

The top glove box is great for hiding stuff. And the door handle, which is more of a door pit, is great for loose change ;) You can also get change pots that have lids on, which slot into cup holders - may want to look for one of these...

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The only thing I dislike about my 500X is the pathetic reversing light...

All the other Gizmo's like lane assist, heated seats/steering wheel, LED lights, I've never had them before in a car so I don't miss them...

Drive mine constantly in Comfort mode, suits me, it's fast enough...

Although, If I'm ever a little bunged up, I will put it into Sports mode, it soon loosens me up...lol :p

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back