General First impressions - 1.2 Dynamic Eco series two

Currently reading:
General First impressions - 1.2 Dynamic Eco series two

Have to say in traffic and on the m-way today I didn't feel particularly 'disadvantaged' in the Panda, abiding by the various speed limits...actually had to slow down for various numptys who weren't using the motorway correctly...;)

I'm not strictly 'running it in' just driving normally, i.e. smoothly and varying the revs.

136 miles in and can feel the performance improving by the mile (y)

It's sooooooooooooo tempting to say that if you don't like your wing mirrors I'll swap ya :D

I used to have a 4x4 and so got spoilt with decent sized wing mirrors :)

Trev

It's sooooooooooooo tempting to say that if you don't like your wing mirrors I'll swap ya :D

I used to have a 4x4 and so got spoilt with decent sized wing mirrors :)

Trev

I'll keep that under consideration ;) but I like the big mirrors...I haven't had a Panda before so maybe I don't know what i'm missing (obviously not much, with my MASSIVE MIRRORS!).

Someone on the car park at work this evening asked me how much the road tax was :)

The 100hp has a plastic (mock metal) raised surround which is bevelled around the dials. Certainly the nicest dash in a panda.

Strange how the nicest dash happens to be in the most expensive and best looking Panda :)...these manufacturers certainly have the sliding scale of desirability/list price down to a fine art!

Last edited:
If you say £35 I'll cry and cry and cry :cry:

£120 for Squirrile this year

Still I can leave you with challenge (points to the MPG in the sig) :D

Trev

£35 :p until Gordon raises it of course....

ahh the mpg challenge...well I haven't started yet but do I need to do a calculation from 0 miles to be in the game?

Last edited:
£35 :p until Gordon raises it of course.... :cry::cry::cry:

ahh the mpg challenge...well I haven't started yet but do I need to do a calculation from 0 miles to be in the game?

Fill up, sign up, enter a fill up with 0 (or near as dammit) fuel and your odometer reading, then add your fillups as you go - tips here - http://www.wanderlustonline.com/Fuelly_FAQ.htm

Ps don't believe that fibbing electronic optimist in the dash !!!!

Trev

Fill up, sign up, enter a fill up with 0 (or near as dammit) fuel and your odometer reading, then add your fillups as you go - tips here - http://www.wanderlustonline.com/Fuelly_FAQ.htm

Ps don't believe that fibbing electronic optimist in the dash !!!!

Trev

'To the click' on the pump is the only way...however I do get a warm fuzzy feeling when I'm off the pedal and the electronic gas guesser says i'm getting 140+mpg

Am I the only one who likes black trim, I think the black mirrors, rub strips and window frames look ace, especially if your paint is a lighter colour.

It's certainly utilitarian (a good thing in my book) and I wouldn't mind had I not read FIAT bumph about colour coded door mirrors...hard to see where the extra £250 for the series two has gone really, except out of my bank account :)

My favourite is the black plastic grill with the holes in it - basic but cool - but I think it is only on the Active...makes the Panda look 'appliance' like (not surgical :) )

Snap i have those big mirrors told my dealer today to change them before i pick it up on sat waiting on a phone call back with out come .

Snap i have those big mirrors told my dealer today to change them before i pick it up on sat waiting on a phone call back with out come .

...think of all those daft bikers you won't be killing :)

Not aesthetically pleasing I agree and it probably spoils a 100hp, but I was really glad of the clear view of all lanes on the busy motorway this morning

..Sure, bigger mirrors are definitely better...Adjust them all the way out...No problem at all seeing everything.

Everyone should practice backing up using only the wing mirrors, driving a van forces you to learn quickly ;) I've had no trouble backing up in my Panda mirrors-only. Of course, bigger mirrors are always welcome, style is still secondary to safety.
The thing with the mirrors (on my4x4 at least) is that the glass is flat. My previous car (a Saxo) had equally small mirrors but the driver's side one had a curve in the glass at the far right of the mirror to widen the view. Now I'm used to it (after over 40k miles) it's less of an issue.

I always reverse on the mirrors and have no issue there - in fact in that situation the Multipla's two-part mirrors can be less helpful.

I like the black, personally -- coordinates with the other areas of black trim on my red 4x4.

Daylight helps... Now I see what it is about the dash. Mine (2005 4x4) does have the same pointers but the graphics have much less white in them -- the areas the pointers point at are more 'black' and it all looks more subtle (see photos).

As for the 'new' grille, it looks the same as my four year old one?

P

Attachments

• IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1883.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 29
Daylight helps... Now I see what it is about the dash. Mine (2005 4x4) does have the same pointers but the graphics have much less white in them -- the areas the pointers point at are more 'black' and it all looks more subtle (see photos).

As for the 'new' grille, it looks the same as my four year old one?

P

not 'quite' the same, subtly different, also it's a single piece rather than your multi piece one...although it is hard to tell because it's all black...£250 well spent :rolleyes:

Red FIAT badge too :)

Last edited:
Back