first ICE setup HELP?

Currently reading:
first ICE setup HELP?

alexsmith20

:Dok for a start guys i have the good old struggle to start some days issue where my car just seems to think about starting for half a second and then errupt into life, and yes it does make a sound that is extremely embarrassing

that aside i love my gp but im wondering if the battery will need replacing with what i have waiting to go in.
due to my location car audio centre is quite close and the best place for me to buy my ice, i have so far bought the following

fascia adapter

aerial adapter (not sure if its needed or even if its the right one)

headunit (sony DSX-S300BTX)
http://caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_...tx_p-26446.htm

juice d212 double 12" subwoofers
http://caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_...12_p-26529.htm

dynamat extreme trunk kit (bought of flebay since caraudiocentre was a rip off for it)

CTSFA004 adpater for steering wheel controls with sony patch lead

In Phase IPA1041 4 channel amp running 75w at 4ohm x4 http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...41_p-23407.htm

ok im looking on getting these speakers and wondering if you guys think the amp will power them nicely or whether i should be looking at some other speakers.

the alpine SPG-17CS component speakers in the front with 70w rms at 4ohm
http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...cs_p-23886.htm

and the matching alpine spg set in the rear
http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...c2_p-23889.htm

now the rears run at a lower rms power rating so im wondering if they will be ok with the 75rms from the amp or am i going to have to look for higher power ratings.

now for the electrical side of the install im wondering if i should replace my battery????

if my alternator will be able to cope??

if battery needs replacing can someone point me in the direction of one that will fit and will be able to cope??

and a last question is should i get a power cap, if so what farad should i get?????

all help will be much appreciated as this will be hopefully going into the car in the next month or so. thanks all ff members been mightily helpful so far :worship::worship::worship:

If your battery is starting to strugle then it wouldn't hurt to work out a plan for a new one. That way if it does give out you won't have to rush and buy any old thing. I would recommend an Optima red top or yellow top. The system you are running isn't huge power so should be fine doing above.
I use a red top and draw around 1500w RMS with no issues although I have upgraded the, battery to earth and alternator to battery cables to aid the flow of power.

You won't need a power cap. Ever. They are a pointless product.

Well done on geting the deadening. Buy yourself a carpet roller, and roll out the contours so its as flat to the body as possible.

hey thanks for the reply and since i have a grande punto im wondering if a optima red top would fit into the space and looking for a link to the optima if anyone could possibly find it for me.

im going to get a professional fitter to fit the audio in, would i be able to ask them to upgrade my "big 3" and what would i need to get for upgrading them ?

Hi Alex. You will need some length of 0 gauge to do the big 3 but any good installer will be able to sort that for you, and will be able to also do it.
I was going to say get some MDF baffles made up also some Steel rings if your feeling particularly flush for the front speakers, but hopefully the installer would suggest that any way.

Do the deadening yourself. It doesnt take a Pro to do it and you will save yourself quite a wedge not having to pay an installer high rates to do a non high rate Job.
If you need any more for the doors etc check how much your installer can get it for you or contact me as i have a few very good sources.

Amp wise i would go active on the front end. Basically connect the woofers to one side and the tweeters to the other. Then if you really must change the rears (not recommended) then just run them turned down on the HU.

yeh would baffles make it sound better, and would i just ask my installer if they could make one or if i can get one off ebay or w.e

and i normally drive around with the mrs and her younger brothers so i would probably be going with the 4 speakers just because of the fact theres going to be people in the back.

You mean baffles. They are plural. One for each door. They are MDF rings that you mount the speakers to. They need a solid mount to work properly. It's more essential than sound deadening.
If your installer says he can't make them or only wants to use shop bought plastic ones then walk away. It's the first rule of audio instalation and I wouldn't trust anywhere that couldn't make them.

As for the rear speakers. If the fronts are installed properly they will be plenty loud enough in the back, but if you want to still put them in then just run them off the HU.

:) thanks for the speedy reply.

so im looking for baffles :p plural lol i get it now, would they be cheap or expensive not sure, you mentioned about making my speakers active off the 4 channel amp, would that mean 75w rms going to my little tweeter:S ??

and yeh could the rear speakers be powered by my sony headunit without sounding rubbish, and i just want that rear fill.

wondering if the optima battery you spoke about would fit into my car or should i just nip up halfords and say i want the best battery you can get in my space.

Baffles shouldn't be expensive. Probably 1/2 to 1 hours work.

I managed to fit an optima in my Stilo with a bit of modification so I'm sure you could fit it in a GP.

I'm actually in Leicester today and tomo for a sound competition seminar. I'll see if anybody is local and if they are I'll put you in touch.

hey about the optima red top battery how much modification do you think i would need to get one of them into my GP, the battery inside mine looks really small for the size of the car but i dont no about that, and do i need the deep cycle one or the starter one lol youtubed it and thats what it said, also where could i purchase a optima red top battery from and what price range would i be looking at ?

Back