Technical first cinq, and its leaking

Currently reading:
Technical first cinq, and its leaking

I filled it up with some petrol..... tank appears to be ok, but then..

went to fill the washer bottle..... not ok ... dribbling everywhere, will it be a pipe, or a split in the bottle? whats the usual cause? are they expensive? still available?

got a water leak from oil pump end of block, argghhhh!! it doesnt leak when engine not running so i guess its water pump, anyone? can it be done with engine in situ? is it hard to do?

update:
The water is leaking off the bottom of the oil pump area when the engine is hot and running, but note that its only when engine has got hot - could that mean its the water rail O ring? as the thermostat will be open then, meaning the water will pass along the rail on its way to or from the rad? [dont know where it goes after the rail, or even the direction of circulation]

I will have to get it up on ramps with a good light, and take a look. I assume that the water rail o ring is easy to fix?

yeh should be easy fix,if its water though ,check and change your water bottle etc,they have short lifes sometimes,change pipes,a process of elimination as they say ,look on ebay you get loads of cheap stuff for cinqs on there

My rear washer pump leaks... It's a pain, but nothing a bit of glue won't fix.

Take the pumps out, clean them up and re-fit. Then with the inner arch still off, take a look and see if they are still leaking. if so check the pipes and then if it's not the pipe, you got it... it's the dealer only pumps!!!

(y)

Back