PuntoGrande.jpg

Grande Punto First car!.

Introduction

This is my first car, which I'm hoping to jiggle about a little before I turn 17!
Re: First car!

Looks nice, I bet insurance is going to love you when you get your licence and want to insure it properly lol. Dont forget to inform them of any mods you end up doing to it (y)

Well the insurance has varied a lot really, the lowest I've managed to get so far is 3944, but if I get my pass plus it should be in the 2000s. Yeah I don't know how much the mods are going to bump it up:(

woww thats a lot of money lol. Just make sure your not tempted to put parents as main drivers and yourself as a named driver. If i were you id keep the car as standard as possible until youve got a few years NCB then you can start modding a few things and it wont be as bad. Im 19, driving for 2 years and with 2 years ncb and im only able to start modding now and my insurance is just over £700 at the moment

Ah right, that's not bad, Yeah If i put myself down as the named driver I wouldn't get any NCB, then I'd be struggling if I got my own. I was thinking on keeping the mods to a minimum anyway, ideally I wanted to make the car sound a bit better, so, either a backbox, for now, induction kit & filters, nothing really major

Ah right, that's not bad, Yeah If i put myself down as the named driver I wouldn't get any NCB, then I'd be struggling if I got my own. I was thinking on keeping the mods to a minimum anyway, ideally I wanted to make the car sound a bit better, so, either a backbox, for now, induction kit & filters, nothing really major

Yeah if you put yourself as a named driver it would be illegal anyway (its called fronting) and yeah you wouldnt get any NCB so when you come to get your own policy you would have to pay a lot for it. Yeah well just ring up the insurance company and ask them what would be the cheaper option to do before you do it and find out that you cant afford it

Yeah, i've checked on the internet, putting in my DOB as if I'd just passed my test, and there was a 50 pound differece with a performance exhaust on, but i tend not to trust the internet compare sites since it once told me that insurance was 24000 for a 1.0 corsa.
Won't know much until i start to ring them up, thanks for the advice though

nice little motor :) im 17 too and this was my first car. insurance is pretty much the same across the board mate and the only way you can really get it down is by haggling with the insurance company's tbh. managed to get mine to about 3500.
minor mods wont add stupid amounts onto your premium but expensive things such as alloys and lowering add huge amounts. stick to buying official fiat parts if you can. then your insurance doesnt have to be notified ;)
but yeah nice car at the minute mate :) dont see many grey puntos about but i like it :)
check my Member motors thread to see what ive done to my first carrr :D
https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/272803-bens-grande-smog.html

Yeah, i've checked on the internet, putting in my DOB as if I'd just passed my test, and there was a 50 pound differece with a performance exhaust on, but i tend not to trust the internet compare sites since it once told me that insurance was 24000 for a 1.0 corsa.
Won't know much until i start to ring them up, thanks for the advice though

Dont worry about insurance, it will quickly come down with a few years NCB. you just need to get your first year paid for and done and you'll be fine from there.

where abouts in Leeds are you? the area and where you park has a lot to do with insurance.

at my current address in Wakefied park on the driveway my insurance is £1500, at my old address in Linton, parked in a garage, my insurance would have been less that £400 :confussed:

Its a lottery at the end of the day but it needs paying.

but look on the bright side of things. when i was 17 i was driving a Seat Leon 1.4 and paying £2000. when i was 18, i was paying £1200 for a Fiat Punto... now im 21 i own a 1.8l Vauxhall Astra, and paying £1300 (y) renewal due to be £1000

Well The Car will be kept in wortley, in a driveway throughout the day, secure garage by night. Yeah, hopefully after the first year the insurance will calm
down a bit :p

why would having different alloys on your car up ur insurance? fair enough if u upgraded to 17 inch from '15' as standard they might want to know you did it but why swopping 15 to 15 would they give a ****? mine didnt anyway

True, mine are fiat wheels anyway, don't know if they have been sprayed or bought off another model but I'm sure I don't have to notify the insurance about it, :)

Nice first car mate!

Look after it :D

why would having different alloys on your car up ur insurance? fair enough if u upgraded to 17 inch from '15' as standard they might want to know you did it but why swopping 15 to 15 would they give a ****? mine didnt anyway

my insurance charged me more just because i was changing from standard to non standard...theyu didnt give a s*** how big the wheels were

Last edited:
Back