Fiats easy to steal?

Currently reading:
Fiats easy to steal?

Its not so much the make of car but the common sense of the drivers. If you are "clever" enough to park in a dark corner of a car park with no CCTV in chaville with a tenner on the dash then yeah your car is gonna get broken into.

However if you have alarm stickers, a crook lock, hide valuables, remove CD player, park in a busy area with cctv etc.. chances are your not gonna get broken into.

Alarms are great but think, how often have you heard an alarm whilst in your house and thought "not again!?" Stickers and a flashing light are a deterrent. Chances are if somebody is going to break in your car with alarm stickers on and a flasheing red light they don't care about an actual alarm going off.

Its not so much the make of car but the common sense of the drivers. If you are "clever" enough to park in a dark corner of a car park with no CCTV in chaville with a tenner on the dash then yeah your car is gonna get broken into.

However if you have alarm stickers, a crook lock, hide valuables, remove CD player, park in a busy area with cctv etc.. chances are your not gonna get broken into.

Alarms are great but think, how often have you heard an alarm whilst in your house and thought "not again!?" Stickers and a flashing light are a deterrent. Chances are if somebody is going to break in your car with alarm stickers on and a flasheing red light they don't care about an actual alarm going off.

to ture but the one problem placeing a car in a busy street you got little devils about and idots who like to get a bit close to your car and there goes the paint job/ tail light :(.
the only thing is that to me is really to buy three things 1 a fully faced steering lock and all so a lockable hand brake and gearstick as well with 128db alarm pritty hard for them to take the car more than a 5 min to get all these off when they try to brake in.

but these days where i live. i never hear a car alram go off i dont no if thats just me or is it !!!
2 more days to by me car :slayer:

We got broken into the other day, they took the keys to my mums MG TF had a look around, came back for my dads civic keys, panicked, through the keys on the floor and went round to the neighbours and stole a brand new audi TT and A6. They want expensive cars these days so they steal keys.

TT had a tracker on though :p

did the MG breakdown:devil:

seriously though sorry to hear of your break-in,not nice & leaves you on edge:(

lol they probably dint want to risk it!

to be honest its been really reliable, i dont really like driving it because its really twitchy but its fast and the tail kicks out if you give it too much throttle out of a junction :devil:

as for the ignition lock., thats the easy bit, in a punto(and other fiats) the ingition barrel is made out of plastic, which is silly.,lol.,

i had to do something similar at the scrapyard today. steering lock was on and preventing me getting to the part i needed. he didnt have the keys and just said to break the steering lock free if i could. so i ripped the surround off the steering column, then used my ratchet to smash the plastic around the ignition lock off. then i was able to just turn the entire lock to disengage the steering lock. took less than 30 sec in total (and thats including time to figure out how i was gonna disengage it :p .)

So overall what u are saying is that most people only break into fiat, not actually steal the whole car, however, u lot have forgotten the new one stealing number plates which are screwed on to beat c charge etc. all i have done is replace standard screw with a certain type of security screw usually found on modern gadgets etc.

My Auntie and Unlce were once having a party and left the back door of there house open. They were all in the lounge, and some loser had snuck in and grabbed the nearest car keys he could find. Parked outside there house were a newish Volvo C70 Convertible, a few other cars, and her Scenic. They got the keys to one of the other cars and took off in it. They didnt realise it had gone missing until a good 2 hours later when the guests came to leave the party.

As a result, all the doors now whenever we have parties are locked :(.

The other day i heard, that theifs hate the newer cars as their harder to steal, thats why they say never leave your old BMW near Mossside, and we all know the MK1 puntos are pimps to break into.....
quote]

I agree. Some guy broke into mine with a screwdriver but wasn't trying to drive away. He just was looking for stuff to nick. Caught him in the act. One of the locks is so damaged that I cannot lock it from the outside. I will eventually have both replaced with better ones. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS WELCOME.

I know what i would do Luvduvs :devil:

I'd call the police obvously :rolleyes:

then see if i can get the theif to attack me so i can justify self defence ;)

lol "he pushed me as he was running off, so in self defence i had to smash his face into the door he'd just ruined... then slammed his fingers in the door several times as he was struggling. after that he was shouting and struggling even more so i had to slam his head in the door till he was unconcious."

i use disk lock one of the hardest to get off the fastet time i got one off with brut force was 4mins 50 sec i had 4 to test the other took 5 -6mins
one of the most common stering wheel lock has a grey plastic bar with a yellow clamp with led on some of them wont name it for legal reson the offical time was 1 min 30 sec i think as i was off on the test day for that poduct but i got one of in 4 secs not worth putting it on in my opinion

Back