General Fiat Uno Turbo IE vs Renault 5 GT Turbo .

Currently reading:
General Fiat Uno Turbo IE vs Renault 5 GT Turbo .

Thank but in my opinion the uno is better not only because it had electronic fuel injection but also because it is more advanced than the Renault . The engine is too messy in the Renault and the only thing which was electronic was the ignition .

I've owned three Uno Turbo and four Renault 5 GT Turbos.

My phase one Uno was the best of the bunch. One phase two never ran properly and the other rusted so much I put the engine in a Panda instead of spending months welding.

I had a MkI Gordini 5 Turbo. That was less reliable than any car I have ever owned in my life. My phase II was "modified" (ruined) by a previous owner. Handled like Bambi on ice even though it had 17's.
My GT Raider was superb before the engine blew. I fitted the 1.7 from a Volvo 440 and tuned it to around the 250bhp mark.

Out of them I'd happily own a phase one Uno Turbo again. The car handled best, unlike the Renault the steering wheel was connected to the front wheels, the brakes were excellent, controllable to the point of being predictable lift off oversteer (the Renault would understeer and if you ever got the back out it was too late to recover it), the seats were comfortable and unlike the Renault my six two frame fifteen the front with room for someone in the back. The Uno was a better all round car as well as a better drivers car. :)

Back