General fiat stilo trofeo , Cambrian Rally.

Currently reading:
General fiat stilo trofeo , Cambrian Rally.

sanremo89

Hi All,
Just to let you know,if anyone is in north wales on the 20th of this month,
i've entered my stilo in the Cambrian Rally based in Llandudno.
its only my second event and the obvious aim is to just finish, my only previous event being the Neath valley stages last August, as a 47 yr old novice not much is to be expected, just hopefully a lot of fun!!,
let you know how i get on !!

thanks, Paul.

what about a dash cam you can get el cheapos or something very cool like the blackvue. then upload the footage to youtube.
it would be cool to see it.
also how about some pics of the car?

getting car prept at moment , i will see what i can do regards in car cam,
will get some photo's on here asap!!.

mant thanks, paul.

Hey Paul, get in touch with Wayne goldring, who does special stage rally shows, he could reccomend where to hire a camera for the event, possibly mad bob media (can find him on facebook) or post on the British rally forum (britishrally.co.uk)

Hey Paul, get in touch with Wayne goldring, who does special stage rally shows, he could reccomend where to hire a camera for the event, possibly mad bob media (can find him on facebook) or post on the British rally forum (britishrally.co.uk)

many thanks for the info,

cheers.paul

Paul, have you got a co-driver sorted for the rally? i know of a few people that are looking for a seat on the rally,

also, add me on facebook, HERE

Hi all,

just an update on how the stilo went,
all going good up until the spare wheel came loose halfway into stage 2 and decided to find its way to the extinguisher valve/trigger, thus unexpectantly giving the car an internal bubble/foam wash!!!!---- end of rally:bang:

up until then car seemed to be/feel good, just needed the driver to get a grip!!,

my next event hopefully being in january (rallysprint/ludlow) or Red Kite rally (local,south wales).

many thanks,paul,

Paul, why not look at doing the BTRDA next year, sure it would get loads of tv footage as its such a rare car on the stages now

Paul, why not look at doing the BTRDA next year, sure it would get loads of tv footage as its such a rare car on the stages now

Hi ,
yes i was thinking about doing series, just awaiting dates for next year,
may be down at talbenny doing a tarmac event in a couple of weeks,(if car ready!!).
i'll try and get some photos up soon,
thanks.

Cool, what is the history of the car or do you not know? If you don't, pm me the Reg and I could find out for you

Cool, what is the history of the car or do you not know? If you don't, pm me the Reg and I could find out for you

the car was used by willie bonniwell on the fiat stilo challenge, it was painted dark blue at the time ,not the usual yellow/blue. quite a well built car,

Bloody hell, there's a name that's vanished from rallying, last time I seen Willie he was driving Alan Barr's old Subaru (albar) who died on one of the src rounds a few years ago

Back