Fiat Scudo Indicators flasher unit?

Currently reading:
Fiat Scudo Indicators flasher unit?

pigtails

Hi my indicators on my Scudo Van 2004 are not working properly, they work, then stop. Is this the flasher unit? The bulbs are ok as when it makes the ticking noise they work, but then it stops ticking and they stop. Please could someone tell me where the unit is if it is that and is it easy to change? Also could I have simple instructions as I am a female! Thanks very much in advance :)

I have similar problem with Hazard lights on my 2008 Scudo. Not the indicators though. I removed the hazard switch several times cleaned it and it works normally for a few days but never fixed permanently. I just hit it many times until it flashes . It has not yet been an emergency requirement. I've narrowed it down to some issue with the little circuit board inside the switch. Tried finding a replacement switch but no success yet. My experience is that many of these issues are simply dirt getting around the contacts, you may need to remove your indicator assembly around the steering wheel and clean the copper contacts. Good luck . ps I know many females who are much more technically minded than many males. So don't belittle your abilities

After writing the previous post I was tempted during another Covid Lockdown to dismantle the hazard switch. Found some minor corrosion around the connection pins. Cleaned and scraped them softly with a very sharp blade, scalpel or razor is best. Put it together and presto ...It all works.

Nothing like premature crowing of success.
I haven't needed to use hazard lights for many months so when I pressed the button the other day,,,, They didn't work. Tapped the switch numerous times and they eventually worked . Frustrating in an emergency. Removed the switch again and tried cleaning the circuit board , replaced everything and it all works again. Anybody know what is going on ?

Back