Technical Fiat parts on back order??

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat parts on back order??

Bengbong

Hi, my engine management light came on while in France this year on my 2.3 ducato 2019 motorhome - took it back to Fiat professional garage who tried a software update- lasted 10 miles and came on again! Code was P053C which is “ positive crankcase ventilation heater control circuit high” on my second visit I was told I need to replace the PCV “blowback valve” part number 5802052418 cost £115 but on back order Fiat garage have no idea when they will have the part weeks? Months? They told me ok to drive ? Does anyone know what the issue is or where I can get this part? See pic below , it sits on top of engine.

Attachments

• IMG_2393.jpeg
    IMG_2393.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 103
Hi Bengbong,

Welcome to the forum.
My knowledge is slanted towards my own 2006 2.8jtd, but the general principles are similar, if not the same.
Blowby gases teken from the engine are passed through an oil vapour separator. Separated oil is drained back to the sump, and remaining vapour containing water vapour as a combustion product, is recirculated into the air inlet via a non return valve. In order to prevent the formation of ice crystals at low ambient temperatures, the separated vapour is heated before the NRV. Unless you are a winter sports enthusiast, you should be OK to operate with a faulty heater.

That does however leave the problem of the engine management light, which I believe would cause an MoT fail if lit.

Thanks for detailed info - it is annoying though when the manufacturer can’t get parts- I was considering using van through winter and living in Scotland can be quite cold! Mot due 1 st March so hopefully fixed by then

..if you're prepared to take a chance on eBay from Italy, there are two listings (I think it's probably only one really) which purport to deliver to the UK in 1-2 weeks (and at a lower price than you quote!). The implication on the listing is that you'll avoid import duty as well.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back