Panda Fiat Panda Headunit

Currently reading:
Panda Fiat Panda Headunit

hodgy18

Established member
Got a Pioneer MVH330DAB radio to fit and discovered more plugs than the 16 plug pin. See image. What these foryellow/green/blue wires? Do I need a adapter plug other than the one supplied with new stereo to include these?

Cheers

Attachments

• 20240203_132230.jpg
    20240203_132230.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
Does it have an aftermarket stereo already or is it the original ?, I installed a Pioneer MVH130DAB stereo ( same as yours but without Bluetooth) in my Panda 319 which will be pretty much the same, I had to get the iso adapter with the canbus interface on it for 2003 on Panda's, then a different fascia specific to a Panda, than an adapter for the aerial as my Panda had a fakra aerial as standard & then the DAB aerial, if I can think of anything else I'll put it on here but I think that's it

The iso adapter for the aftermarket stereos in both the 169 & 319 Pandas are both the same as are some other Fiat's & Alfa's.

This is the one I used in my own car which didn't have steering wheel controls

I'm not sure if there is another one though for cars with steering wheel controls, the good thing with the 169 Panda is you can either have a double din or a single din with a little storage compartment

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks FiatMatt94 - my car doesn't have the steering wheel controls, so will be suitable. Can't believe the harness is nearly same price as stereo 😲

Thanks FiatMatt94 - my car doesn't have the steering wheel controls, so will be suitable. Can't believe the harness is nearly same price as stereo 😲
I got quite a shock as well when I saw how much the price of the harness has gone up since I bought mine, I paid about £35 when I purchased it 2 years ago, the part no is 20-101-IGN so maybe a bargain could be found somewhere

I got quite a shock as well when I saw how much the price of the harness has gone up since I bought mine, I paid about £35 when I purchased it 2 years ago, the part no is 20-101-IGN so maybe a bargain could be found somewhere
Does it make a difference with harness, that current radio doesn't switch on/off with the ignition? Or will this harness allow the new one to do so?

Does it make a difference with harness
Yes

a cheaper harness adaptor but you will have to splice into a ignition switched wire and feed that into to radio so the head unit can detect when the ignion is on or off, to make it work with the ignition switch

current radio doesn't switch on/off with the ignition?

a more expensive harness with some electronic gizmo are plug and play it receives the network messages (canbus) and converts them to something a standard radio can use to know when to switch it on and off

Fiat Canbus adapters are £12-20 including shipping direct from china

I can't recommend any as I haven't used them

The first one i looked at, a review say it worked fine on a fiat 500

Here's another, a quick Google found

Yes you will have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive

Again I haven't used the supplier

Screenshot_20240207_104657.jpg

Last edited:
Fiat Canbus adapters are £12-20 including shipping direct from china

I can't recommend any as I haven't used them

The first one i looked at, a review say it worked fine on a fiat 500

Here's another, a quick Google found