Fiat panda 1.1 - tappy engine

Currently reading:
Fiat panda 1.1 - tappy engine

just201187

Hi all. Bear with me im new to this. I recently purchased a 2004 reg fiat panda and need advice.
The engine is naking a steady tapping noise and im worried.
It drives ok.
Its in need of a service and im aware theres no record of cambelt change. It currently sits at 86000 miles

Any ideas of costs for a cambelt change on these cars and what the tappy engine could be and if its a common occurance with the 1.1 active type please. Thank you

Hi all. Bear with me im new to this. I recently purchased a 2004 reg fiat panda and need advice.
The engine is naking a steady tapping noise and im worried.
It drives ok.
Its in need of a service and im aware theres no record of cambelt change. It currently sits at 86000 miles

Any ideas of costs for a cambelt change on these cars and what the tappy engine could be and if its a common occurance with the 1.1 active type please. Thank you

Hi, and welcome ,:)

it's a good solid engine,
used in LOTS of smaller FIATS.., some with high Power,
86K is NOTHING - BUT it will need a service..!!;)

cambelt is non-crucial.. AND cheap + easy, parts are @£35:D

charlie 1.1 04 panda active, owned 1.1 cinq sporting + 1.1 punto 55s

I took It to the garage yesterday but they said the tappets are making the tapling noise and it could well be they are kut of sync depending on weather its hydrolic or not, could be that they need replacing as they could be pitted.
As im not a machanic ive got to rely on their advice and work

They have quoted about £ 120 for a full service and £150-200 for cambelt change

:/

Any advice welcome. Thank you

Just. ...new 04 reg panda 1.1 active owner. Previous owned a fiat sciecento spotring

Back