Grande Punto Fiat GP - with powdercoated brake drums

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Fiat GP - with powdercoated brake drums

More pics of the wheels please :p

How do the drums look through the rims?

More pics of the wheels please :p

How do the drums look through the rims?

sorry mate but the mrs has been driving it for the past couple of weeks. i've not forgotten that i need to take pics, i just need to get it in here, clean it, and then take some pics.

if i bring it in tomorrow i'll be sure to take some closeup pics of the drums

apologies for the delay, but here are some closeup pictures of the rear brake drums - powdercoated in high gloss black.

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

how good is powder coating and how long does it last ,is there a limit to what colour you can have ,just asking as i've heard so much about powder coating but not from someone who does it

I have to agree for a 5dr it looks great! have powder coated stuff before and for parts such as brake drums and some suspension stuff it can't be beaten really.

how good is powder coating and how long does it last ,is there a limit to what colour you can have ,just asking as i've heard so much about powder coating but not from someone who does it

powder coating is very durable - it retains it's gloss alot longer than paint, especially on items like hubs and callipers that are exposed to the elements

the range of colours is vast, you just have to Google 'RAL colour chart' to see how many colours are available.

powder coating is very durable - it retains it's gloss alot longer than paint, especially on items like hubs and callipers that are exposed to the elements

the range of colours is vast, you just have to Google 'RAL colour chart' to see how many colours are available.

how much does this sort of thing cost?

my gps drums were in the exact same condition when i painted mine about 3 weeks ago (its a 57 reg).

apologies for the delay, but here are some closeup pictures of the rear brake drums - powdercoated in high gloss black.

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg
really nice job and wheels look great ,only 1 thing if i had those wheels i would invest in some locking nuts m8 better safe than sorry even more so if you have declared the mods to your insurance(y)

how much would you charge to powdercoated brake drums and brake calipers?

apologies for the delayed response....

powdercoating of 4 callipers, or 2 callipers and 2 drums, costs £160 + vat.

decals can be applied once the powdercoating is complete and lacquered over to ensure they remain glossy and do not peel. this is an extra £30 + vat.

the colour choice is massive, so we can do the traditional black/red/yellow or something i little more individual like bright orange and green.

turnaround time is 2-3 days.

apologies for the delayed response....

powdercoating of 4 callipers, or 2 callipers and 2 drums, costs £160 + vat.

decals can be applied once the powdercoating is complete and lacquered over to ensure they remain glossy and do not peel. this is an extra £30 + vat.

the colour choice is massive, so we can do the traditional black/red/yellow or something i little more individual like bright orange and green.

turnaround time is 2-3 days.
looks like i will be seeing you next year sometime cheers:)

Back