Fiat electric sterring motor

Currently reading:
Fiat electric sterring motor

Need fiat sterring motor hope to cure heavy sterring thanks fred
Something as simple as a new battery could cure this as the dual drive electric steering relies heavily on the condition of the battery & with a failing battery the first place you will notice it is in the steering, so if the battery doesn't look to be in the best of health for example voltage drops etc or even possibly the car has it's original battery, it cured my car when my steering became heavier than normal which was only just out of warranty at the time, I changed the battery with a new Varta one from battery megastore & problem was solved, one word of advice for these Fiat's with the dual drive system, only go for a reputable brand battery such as Varta,Bosch or similar & steer clear of the cheaper brand battery's that you typically get from most motor factors as they are no good for the dual drive system as it does rely heavily on the battery, the cheaper ones you'll be back to the same problem in no time so is worth investing in a top brand battery for peace of mind

Hi and welcome @SAILORGIRL80 :)
Agree with Matt above, usually nothing serious, ours does this now and again, typically battery or earth.
My first step would be remove the negative terminal from the battery and give the connector and post a thorough clean - green scourer is good for this. Might want to be sure you have your radio code before disconnecting.
Then check earth strap by running a jump lead from battery negative to metal on engine to see if that clears the fault.
Then have a read of this: https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/eps-electric-power-steering-faults.491623/

Back