Technical Fiat Ducato - Blow-by heater

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato - Blow-by heater

Henrik23

Hi.
I have a problem with my Fiat Ducato 2015 2.3 150 109kW. Engine light on and Multiecuscan is reporting error:
P1580-14 - Heater relay control blow-by.

I change the pipe with blow-by heater.
B36EF66C-9545-472A-89C8-D8F8952E84B6.jpeg

After clearing the error, the error returns immediately.
Where is problem ?

Thank you.

Hi Henrik.

The blow-by heater (oil vapour heater) prevents the formation of ice in the oil fume recirculation circuit. It is only needed in very cold weather. In older Ducatos this heater runs all the time. Its power comes from Relay T09 and Fuse F11 (15A). The same Fuse supplies four other emissions related components: the EGR Solenoid, the Throttle Body, the Lambda Sensor heater and the Glow Plug controller.

It is likely that Fiat changed things for the 2015 model. Unfortunately I have no data. Maybe the heater now has a relay, so it is only turned on when the air is cold ? Maybe there are other emissions related components which share the same power supply and relay ? If there are, then the fault might be caused by one of these other components or their wiring and connectors. Some emissions components (Lambda sensor, Temperature sensor, Pressure sensor) mount into the exhaust system and are in an exposed position under the vehicle.

Hi Anthony.

Thank you for your response.
Tomorrow I'll try to look at the fuse and replace the T09 relay. If the error persists, look at the other components.
I measured the voltage into a blow-by heater, the voltage is between 13-14V.

Back