Technical Fiat Ducato 2002 OBD Port Location

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato 2002 OBD Port Location

Wanthang

2.8JTD Hymer 534 2002 RHD with fuel injection warning light permanently on. I’m not technical so rely on others - the advice I’m getting is plug in an OBD reader to find the problem but the OBD port can’t be found. Could it be that the van pre-dates Fiat fitting OBD points so there isn’t one? Or if there is one what does it look like? My research so far says the early ones were two or three pin. Two mechanics [and I] have searched for it in the engine bay and inside with the dash off without success. Online info says it’s either under the steering wheel area or by the ECU box but on mine it isn’t there or anywhere. Getting stuck and starting to think about replacing parts on a trial and error basis until the light goes out. All advice very gratefully received. TIA

Your vehicle will be an x230 model, which has a 3 pin (2 wire) OBD port near the air filter. A special adapter lead is required, which many garages will not have. I have not tried, but if you use the forum search facility, you should find several threads relating to the x230 OBD port.

I do not appreciate TIA. For the benefit of others, please post your progress on this thread.

Oh, I see that I should have added, welcome to the forum.

Sorry about the TIA - I'm a forum Newbie and have got my head around how it works yet. I though I'd found the best place to post - Ducato Motorhome. Very happy to share progress - it's a great site. Thanks for the welcome BTW

I could add that the company "Gendan" has been reccommended for supply and advice, on code readers and adapter leads.

Back