Technical Fiat doblo dead

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat doblo dead

Rudyspurs

Hello
I have 2007 fiat doblo multijet 1.3 few days ago I went shopping and when I come back to my van I tried to start it but nothing happened absolutely dead no lights on dashboard or anything... after trying turning ignition few times it suddenly started as usual, didn’t think about it drove back home.
Today when I came back home I parked van on my driveway to get something out of it and when I got back to the van to move it where is should be parked it happened again but this time I have spend 30 minutes trying to start it and nothing.... one weird thing is that when I took key out of ignition the full beam light come on dashboard for some reason but the actual lights didn’t... my driveway is on a little hill so I thought I will just move care without turning it on ... as I was coming down all of a sudden it started again like nothing happened... what is going on has anyone had similar issues?

Hi
It started as I was rolling down my driveway with key in the ignition... similar like it would do when someone giving you a push when battery is dead... but I don’t think this is a battery issue.... also when this happens everything resets (miles , clock and whatever is on dashboard)

Hi
It started as I was rolling down my driveway with key in the ignition... similar like it would do when someone giving you a push when battery is dead... but I don’t think this is a battery issue.... also when this happens everything resets (miles , clock and whatever is on dashboard)

Were you turning the key to trigger the starter motor though..

Sounds like its the old chestnut of the battery to gearbox earth cable falling apart inside

Thats why the battery is good enough to turn engine 1 minute.. but cannot even keep the clock alive another time :eek:

You can add in an extra smaller gauge wire..

Or just replace with a new standard one

Last edited:
No I wasn’t trying to start it, the key was in ignition just so I could turn steering wheel.... as I was rolling down I have noticed all the light on dashboard went back on so then I turned key to start it and it started strait away

And why was there a full beam light on dashboard when the key wasn’t even in ignition?

Back