General Fiat Club (Victoria)?

Currently reading:
General Fiat Club (Victoria)?

Gardengnome

Some anonymous person passing by our house and seeing the two 500C's in the drive has kindly left a card for the above club under the wiper. Are there any members of this club here who can tell me if its worthwhile joining?

In my brief experience such marque clubs tend to be slanted towards competition in all things and dominated by an 'inner circle' who tolerate the general membership as long as they don't threaten the status quo - or am I being cynical...

Some anonymous person passing by our house and seeing the two 500C's in the drive has kindly left a card for the above club under the wiper. Are there any members of this club here who can tell me if its worthwhile joining?

In my brief experience such marque clubs tend to be slanted towards competition in all things and dominated by an 'inner circle' who tolerate the general membership as long as they don't threaten the status quo - or am I being cynical...

I'd better ask Maxi what he thinks before I reply....

I'd better ask Maxi what he thinks before I reply....

Lol - we should probably remember that FIAT club members in Australia (and NZ) are not going to be the typical petrolheads. They're probably going to be nice people who are neither "Ford" nor "Holden", kind of a neutral party instead. There are many other marques that provide cheap thrills. Making the choice to mess around in FIATs demands a certain kind of commitment to the cause...

It would be interesting to know which marque club Gardengnome has experienced before, but maybe saying which would be unfair :)

-Alex

Last edited:
Fiat in Australia is less Punto's and Cento's and more 124's, 128's, 131's and the odd 130 coupe. Far more interesting than the modern crap.

I wouldn't name the clubs because it would be a little unfair - it was a long time ago and, if they still exist, they might be quite different. Nonetheless, the impressions they made remain.

I suppose the problem is that I'm not a Fiat fan (not yet anyway;)) we only bought the cars because they matched our various criteria - such as being small, two-door, cheap to run and 'different' to name a few.

So I'll keep the card and one day...you never know.

Hey you must be talking about AROCA !!!

They have a stand at moto classica this coming weekend.

I have been involved in clubs and compared to forums they are full of politics and bureaucracy and it costs you.

Forums are donation based, mildly heated at times but more informative and a wider demographic.

In all fairness AROCA are a very good club ..... I even do the occasional drive days with them

But there is that impression that it is a bit cliquey

Back