Technical Fiat Bravo TPMS valves

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Bravo TPMS valves

ravskin

Hi,

The inside of the the TPMS valve on the OSF wheel is corroded and the valve core cannot be removed. I've had the valve replaced with a standard rubber one but obviously the tyre pressure warning light is now illuminated. I've been to the Fiat dealer and the valves are £35 + vat.
Does anyone know if these can be sourced elswhere for less? The part No. is 51839114. just for information someone had stolen the metal valve cap and water had ingressed into the valve core. The valve body is alloy but the valve core is steel, the inside was so badly corroded that the valve core snapped when it was removed. The learning point is that if you have TPMS valves fitted to you're car make sure you have caps fitted at all times. The car has only done 13,000miles.

Cheers

i know its an old thread now but does that include fitting too, as one of mine is knackered too, & 2 others dont look in the best of health, my other wheel already has a standard one in & theres no lights on the dash, im confused. can they be easily replaced with standard ones, or do i need to change that one too, but 4 wheels at that price is a bit steep, just hope they have a bogof offer on. my local tyre shop recond they cant change them.

No, it won't include fitting, because it is only a part...you'll need to pay VAT+labour on top of the £35. However, it'll probably cost more than £35 now, since that was 2 years ago...I suggest getting pally with a tyre fitter.

thanks m8, ive recently been in touch with fiat there £37 now, but the odd thing is, they put my reg into there system & guess what, my car is not fitted with this system, so why would my wheels have them on, all i can think of is that the fiat 18s that are on were perchased later on. mabe from a car that had them on.
can a regular tyre fitter remove these & swap them for regular valves. or is a special tool required.

Back