Technical Fiat Bravo 2011 - Aux Mode missing when pushing Source button

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Bravo 2011 - Aux Mode missing when pushing Source button

Setobg

Hello All,

I am very excited to be part of the fiat community. I have one question about the radio that seems very odd to me ...

On my car, I am having the standard radio with CDs for the car and when I click on the 'Source' button on the radio or from the wheel it is switching from Radio to CD and back but no AUX mode appears in between (Radio>CD). My dad has the same car but 2007 with the same radio (both appearance and connectors on the back of the radio) but he has the AUX option when he clicks on his radio on the 'Source' button (Radio>CD>AUX).

Because I am the only one that would like to use the AUX I have removed his radio and installed it on my car and my radio on his car. The very very strange thing here is after I have done that AGAIN on his car (with my radio) he can see the AUX mode (Radio>CD>AUX) and on my car with his radio, I cannot get to it again.... really strange.

My car is 2011 1.6 JTD his is 2007 1.9 JTD. Mine has the Blue and Me feature and steering wheel control - he does not have it.

In general, my end goal is to install one module for the AUX input with Bluetooth module but the guy who is selling it told me that IF on my car I am not getting the AUX mode this won't be working.. the question here is why I am not getting it even after I have swapped the radios (it was long process doing that and finding the radio codes and etc). Maybe there is some firmware update on my radio or something else missing here... both radios are 1:1 the same and have M00XXXX serial numbers.

Any information will be helpful, thanks in advance.

Hey, just a small update on the issue - I think I will go with another way to 'hack' it. I intend to use the USB output, upload one blank song (only duration ~ 2hrs), and will just hack into the pins from the back with the module. Will update the topic with the results and even may create one new topic like a guide with pictures and everything for anyone who wants to do it.

Hey, just a small update on the issue - I think I will go with another way to 'hack' it. I intend to use the USB output, upload one blank song (only duration ~ 2hrs), and will just hack into the pins from the back with the module. Will update the topic with the results and even may create one new topic like a guide with pictures and everything for anyone who wants to do it.
Did it work?

Did it work?
Have not got the chance to test it, I have ordered it from 2 places but it was out of stock.. as I was waiting for a month for their reply I have started using FM transmitter and until now I am using it like that.

In the Bravo if you have Blue & Me you don't have Aux. The easiest way is also not the easiest. Change head unit.

Have not got the chance to test it, I have ordered it from 2 places but it was out of stock.. as I was waiting for a month for their reply I have started using FM transmitter and until now I am using it like that.
Did you get it to work eventually? I would really like a guide.

Back