Technical FIAT 500L - UConnect 7 restarting every 4 minutes

Currently reading:
Technical FIAT 500L - UConnect 7 restarting every 4 minutes

Lolo59

Hello !

I have a 2018 FIAT 500L 105CH Twinair.

For the past 5 days the UConnect system (7-inch screen) has been restarting for no reason at regular intervals (around 4 minutes).

This cuts off the sound, USB power and screen for a few seconds and it restarts for 4 minutes...
There have been no particular changes to the car.

After reading different forums, I checked the interior fuses (F51 F49 F31 F36), changing the 15A fuse (F36) if in doubt even if it was not dead.

Without success... I disconnected the battery for more than 30 minutes to perform a reset, same...

Some forums say to update the UConnect system (firmware), but the update takes about 30 minutes, if it restarts several times during, I doubt it is a good idea?
My current version is: 23.00.50.05

Has anyone already had the problem? or a way to solve it?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Hello !

I have a 2018 FIAT 500L 105CH Twinair.

For the past 5 days the UConnect system (7-inch screen) has been restarting for no reason at regular intervals (around 4 minutes).

This cuts off the sound, USB power and screen for a few seconds and it restarts for 4 minutes...
There have been no particular changes to the car.

After reading different forums, I checked the interior fuses (F51 F49 F31 F36), changing the 15A fuse (F36) if in doubt even if it was not dead.

Without success... I disconnected the battery for more than 30 minutes to perform a reset, same...

Some forums say to update the UConnect system (firmware), but the update takes about 30 minutes, if it restarts several times during, I doubt it is a good idea?
My current version is: 23.00.50.05

Has anyone already had the problem? or a way to solve it?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Yes, my screen repeats and says “please insert update USB.” This Fiat is in need of an update, but I can’t plug in the external junk drive with this message going on and off. I was told I need to replace the module and/or the radio. Uconnect customer service hasn’t provided assistance nor has Fiat customer service (Phone line). I disconnect the battery when I’m not driving it so the battery does not drain.

Back