500 Fiat 500 electric problems?

Currently reading:
500 Fiat 500 electric problems?

JanJS

Hi all, new to this site and wonder if all you good people can help.. we have a Fiat 500 61 plate dual logic lounge, recently we have several problems:
1. Mileometer is flashing
2. Airbag lights on
3. Stop Start light on

Everything was fine and then one day all issues as listed above. Have tried the general recommendations and had a new battery fitted ( the old one had been on from new) Our local garage had a computer that tested the electrics, however after finding the issue could not fix as apparently only a Fiat computer can fix and reset.
The seats had been moved back and forth and this is when the issue seemed to start, garage checked connections under both seats and all seemed in tact and ok.
I now suppose I have to go to a Fiat garage, which I don’t particularly trust, (all local ones are Stoneacre ?)
My local garage seems to think they can fix relatively simply with their own Fiat diagnostics, but I am worried they will blind me with science and charge a fortune!
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, new to this site and wonder if all you good people can help.. we have a Fiat 500 61 plate dual logic lounge, recently we have several problems:
1. Mileometer is flashing
2. Airbag lights on
3. Stop Start light on

Everything was fine and then one day all issues as listed above. Have tried the general recommendations and had a new battery fitted ( the old one had been on from new) Our local garage had a computer that tested the electrics,
My local garage seems to think they can fix relatively simply with their own Fiat diagnostics, but I am worried they will blind me with science and charge a fortune!
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance ?

Hi :)
Did the airbag light reset? (Even briefly..?)

Sliding the seats has the chance of upsetting a sensors connection in a seat.. but that specific error should be 'readable' with the correct kit

Have a look here :

https://www.fiatforum.com/multiecuscan-members-register/

Last edited:
Hi Thanks for you reply ? I wasn’t in the car when the battery was replaced it was my daughter, however went back to the garage later and they used their kit, through talking to the guy it was about 10 k worth, he said it diagnosed but could not rectify so I assume I’ll have to go to a Fiat garage? I’ll take a look at your link, thank you ?

Ahh ok, thank you, I will have a look, I’ll let you know how we get on and also my daughter said the airbag light just remained on x

Back