500 Fiat 500 Abarth SS 160 Hp Came in November 2008

Currently reading:
500 Fiat 500 Abarth SS 160 Hp Came in November 2008

Abarth500_2_01.jpg

It's been in the rumourmill for sometime now, however, at a media preview for the new Abarth 500 held in Turin, FIAT have finally confirmed speculation that a new more powerful 500 will be released - possibly as early as November this year.

This will come as great news for anyone who thought 135BHP wasn't going to be enough - with the new upgraded turbo-charged 1.4l engine putting out a massive 160BHP.

Called the "esse-essee" kit (read SS) - along with the engine, it also includes a number of mechanical and visual improvements to the car and can either be fitted as an option at time of purchase, or, retro fitted up to one year after purchase, or 20,000km on the road.

Re: Fiat 500 Abarth SS 160 Hp Coming in November

I dont see why they would release the SS kit for it when they are doing that limited edition opening model as the quick one as it makes it pointless. That and putting the SS kit on the 500 will make it faster than there suposed flag ship grande abarth.

I dont see why they would release the SS kit for it when they are doing that limited edition opening model as the quick one as it makes it pointless. That and putting the SS kit on the 500 will make it faster than there suposed flag ship grande abarth.

They are doing the SS kit for the Grande Punto Abarth too.

Just because it has 20bhp more it doesnt mean its going to be faster :rolleyes:

The 500 might be a bit lighter than the GP, but with an extra 20hp, the GP will be the quicker car. The standard GP Abarth has a slightly quicker 0-62 time anyway:

GP Abarth - 7.7 / 500 Abarth - 7.9

They look cool either way.

The 500 Abarth SS specs have not been released yet!! so 160bhp is as yet only for the Opening Edition.... Luca de Meo Fiat CEO is quoted in saying that the 500 Abarth SS "may" have more power than 160bhp... !!

Why not a 200bhp Abarth Brutale!! Now that would be yummy :)

Hello I am an italian reader of the forum from Turin.
I will get my Abarth 500 on the 1st of september and I will let you know about it.
I read a big discussion about MINI Vs. 500........
Well I think comparing something with so different prices and setups is wrong.
MINI JCW is starting from 30K Euros while the 500 Abarth is starting from 18.5 K Euros.........
11.5K Euros price difference cannot be compared.
FAB4 from Turin.

Last edited:

Does anybody have an idea of the pricing of the 500 Abarth Opening Edition in Italy?

It seems like the "regular" 500 Abarth will cost 18,500 eur in Italy and 18,100 eur in Germany.

Does anybody have an idea of the pricing of the 500 Abarth Opening Edition in Italy?

It seems like the "regular" 500 Abarth will cost 18,500 eur in Italy and 18,100 eur in Germany.
Dear all,
I confirm 18500 Euros in Italy.
Bye for now.

Well done FIAT! Not sure how an "SS" car will sell in places like Germany :mad:

the Abarth will only be sold in 3 locations in Germany,one of them being Berlin.
I asked my dealer last week and it is 18,500 euros standard fittings.

Dear all,
The monster is arrived two days ago!!!!
Simply delicious to drive!!!!!
Ciao.
FAB4

Back