Technical Fiat 500 1.4 fuel efficiency record

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 1.4 fuel efficiency record

Lol, that's really good!
I can get about 1-16.5 maybe 18 KM per liter but only when driving on nonSport mode (and get lots of horning in the background for being slow as sh**), when i turn it on the fuel usage gets higher like the Abarth hah.
I mostly drive in the city, so i get about 1-14 but i like to rev the car alot so i get most of the time 1-12.5

Outside the city and on highways i can get 1-20km per liter

BTW Ahmett how's the Dualogic since the replacement? did you checked it for leaking at the dealership?
Mine has a weak battery so it sometimes causes for slower movment from the robot
yes absolutely fine no leaks. going well but still moody in cold weather sometimes takes a while to go in reverse or change gears but much better than before. yes change the battery every 2 years, my Bosch batteries last 30% longer than the Fiat ones i had used before.

Mine is just a generic battery, iv'e got a nice price for the Varta ones i might take it.

And yeah mine works the same as yours, from what i've understand the best way to go into Reverse is to go into 1st and then R

The only thing that really sucks about the 1.4 is the horrendous turning circle. Our BMW X5 puts it to shame.

I noticed that with our 2012 model. The steering on full lock only turns 1 and a quarter turns. Then I has a brand new 500 courtesy car from Fiat the other day and on full lock it turned much tighter and noticed it was like my Panda in that it used one and a half turns to full lock.

Yes, the turning circle is hilarious for such a small car, I think it's due to the position and orientation of the 6-speed gear box relative to the front axle.

That is interesting because if you see my previous post the new car was a 5 speed box.

That is interesting because if you see my previous post the new car was a 5 speed box.

I am under the impression that it's down to the steering rack being a "quick rack" having less turns lock to lock for a sportier feel especially the abarth in a track environment. Perhaps they have the quick rack to all 1.4 vehicles?

I am under the impression that it's down to the steering rack being a "quick rack" having less turns lock to lock for a sportier feel especially the abarth in a track environment. Perhaps they have the quick rack to all 1.4 vehicles?

The 1.4 has a much wider turning circle than the 1.2.

I understand that, having less turns of the steering wheel means the wheels also do not turn as much resulting in a much larger turning radius.

I think you may be confusing turning radius with steering response. Some cars have differently geared steering, so that fewer turns of the steering wheel produce the same effect at the roadwheels (though I've no idea if this applies to the 1.4/Abarth).

Turning radius in the 500 is limited by the need to provide clearance between the gearbox and roadwheels on full lock, and differs between models.

I think you may be confusing turning radius with steering response. Some cars have differently geared steering, so that fewer turns of the steering wheel produce the same effect at the roadwheels (though I've no idea if this applies to the 1.4/Abarth).

Turning radius in the 500 is limited by the need to provide clearance between the gearbox and roadwheels on full lock, and differs between models.

The myth of the gearbox was ruled out on a different forum when they fitted a rack from a pop into an abarth and it was able to turn equally well.

Unless that was rubbish as I've also seen that the 6 speed box is to blame.

Seems to be different opinions and ideas being thrown about with nobody being 100% sure about what the real cause is.

Unless that was rubbish as I've also seen that the 6 speed box is to blame.
The 500 with TA105 and 6 speed gearbox seems to have the same turning circle as the 500 with TA85 and 5 speed gearbox. That suggests that the 6 speed gearbox isn't to blame.

Careful, I think Twingos might be the next big thing for crooks trying to outrun cops.

Well guys the time finally came where I managed to drive fuel efficiently over the course of a week mostly around the city on one tank of fuel. 6.7l/100 km and over 600 kilometres on a 41 liter tank of fuel! That should be my record on the 1.4 and I don't think I can beat it over a whole tank in mixed driving conditions. Not in one go in 5th gear at 30 mph!

If anyone with the same engine beats it let me know!

I average 40 mpg but on each tank car can go from 38 to 42 and a whole tank dedicated solely to the M62 on a Sunday gave 44. I use an app too to compare and the cars computer is generally spot on.

Mines a 08 1.4 sport with 44k. It's as economical as my 1.1 Seicento and I'm very happy with the fuel economy on it. I didn't think it would be this good

I average 40 mpg but on each tank car can go from 38 to 42 and a whole tank dedicated solely to the M62 on a Sunday gave 44. I use an app too to compare and the cars computer is generally spot on.

Mines a 08 1.4 sport with 44k. It's as economical as my 1.1 Seicento and I'm very happy with the fuel economy on it. I didn't think it would be this good
yes as long as you keep it out of town the car is fairly fuel efficient and really not much less efficient than the TA overall.

Back