Tuning Fiat 1.4 8v 350A1 iaw 5sf9.ag to IAW 5SF3.M2

Currently reading:
Tuning Fiat 1.4 8v 350A1 iaw 5sf9.ag to IAW 5SF3.M2

RSAFIATCPT

Hey guys I have a question I have a iaw 5sf9.ag ecu in my fiat punto 350a1 1.4 8v

The ecu is dead fan goes on when I plug it in and desk says fuel cut off unavailable

I can't find a iaw 5sf9.ag ecu anywhere also trying looking for a virgin one

SO MY BIG QUESTION IS CAN I USE A

IAW 5SF3.M2 ecu THATS VIRGINISED or ANY OTHER SIMILAR ECU FOR THE 350A1 1.4 8V​

A big thanx in advance

Last edited:
1. Come on... You've just described classic symptoms of bad power, ground and/or sensors (or wiring).
First thing to rule out.
If it's really ECU malfunction, you can try to repair it. Most common fault are power elements, like transistors or integrated circuit chips (drivers, like for coils, injectors).
If it's only that and you can still communicate with ECU using OBD2, FES, MES programs. Can you?

2. Fuel cut-off was a real mechanical device (switch) in older Fiats (Punto Mk1, 2, early Grande). Now it's a software function (it uses AirBag module/sensor if I remember right). Reset is done by MES, Body Computer (not ECU) probably has that.

3. Most Grandes are the same. But there are cosmetic differences in the wiring and sensors. Maybe not Grande, but if you go towards younger ones, like "EVO" and "2012", there is a different crankshaft sensor for example (3 wire Hall sensor instead classic "coil on magnet" 2 wire), so watch out doing swaps. Otherwise ECUs for "1,4 8V 350A1000" should be compatible/interchangeable (plus "virgin" or "immo off" issue)...

1. Come on... You've just described classic symptoms of bad power, ground and/or sensors (or wiring).
First thing to rule out.
If it's really ECU malfunction, you can try to repair it. Most common fault are power elements, like transistors or integrated circuit chips (drivers, like for coils, injectors).
If it's only that and you can still communicate with ECU using OBD2, FES, MES programs. Can you?

2. Fuel cut-off was a real mechanical device (switch) in older Fiats (Punto Mk1, 2, early Grande). Now it's a software function (it uses AirBag module/sensor if I remember right). Reset is done by MES, Body Computer (not ECU) probably has that.

3. Most Grandes are the same. But there are cosmetic differences in the wiring and sensors. Maybe not Grande, but if you go towards younger ones, like "EVO" and "2012", there is a different crankshaft sensor for example (3 wire Hall sensor instead classic "coil on magnet" 2 wire), so watch out doing swaps. Otherwise ECUs for "1,4 8V 350A1000" should be compatible/interchangeable (plus "virgin" or "immo off" issue)...
Thank you so much for the information I'm not well educated around these matters also I get no communication from the ecu at all on car or even via obd2 so getting the information isn't possible I will try and find someone that can get it off but getting the same ecu in South africa is close to impossible so that's why I wanted ro know if I can change BCM ECM AND CLOCK

I do have a suspicion that the L9131 chip might be damaged as it's right at the top of the vb525sp ignition coil drivers only 3 of them were working I replaced the one connected to cylinder 4 and probably gave it to much heat then when I plugged up the ecu again cars fan went on the moment I plugged the ecu back in and desk sed fuel cut off unavailable then did alil research or so I think and came to understand that th L9131 DIVER IS responsible for the fan switch injection and power of the ecu itself so communication to the ecu wasn't possible

Back