Styling Few questions...

Currently reading:
Styling Few questions...

First of all, hi.

Bought a 1.9 150T Multijet Sport last week from a friends boss. Full service history as well as just been serviced, most of the 67k miles it has on it, have been motorway miles. Just have a few questions on doing stuff with the car.

1. The steering wheel leather has cracked on the top of the steering wheel and looks :yuck: I'm guessing I have to replace the steering wheel. If I do, does anyone have any idea where would be the best place to look? Looked on ebay and there is none.

2. Is the electronic climate control / heater control unit just plug + play? Or does it need programming specifically for the car?

3. The previous owner had a reconditioned calliper fitted, and it's silver. Is it just a simple job of taking it off, cleaning it up and painting it red with high temperature paint?

4. A friend says that Alfa Romeo Giulietta Front Discs fit this car. But I don't think they will due to the discs only being 281mm and the Giulietta ones are 330mm.

5. Is there anyway to get 2 fogs and 2 reverse lights? Or is it a case of clear cover for the right one with a red bulb in?

6. Anything I should take it to a garage for before I start using it as a daily run around? EG timing belt

7. What the hell is Blue&Me use for?! Can I play music through it? Or is it just for phone capabilities?

Thanks for any help, and sorry for the stupidness. I've never had a Fiat before, and neither has none of my friends / family. So this is completely new territory. :yum:

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'll try to answer as much as I can:

1) Not sure where to look as I'm not from the UK. You might consider going to a breakers. I agree that the steering wheel looks terrible when its exfoliated. Not sure why people would hold it from the top when there are proper areas for holding the wheel at 9&3, which many cars don't even offer.

2) The dual zone AC you're asking about is unfortunately not just plug and play as the AC unit itself is quiet different, and many of its components are not there in the manual climate control.

3) Red painted calipers look good only for a very short time but then after a while they look pretty awful. The coarse texture of the calipers make them unsuitable for painting as well in my opinion.

4) The giulietta's wheels has 5 bolts while the bravo has 4 so...

5) Not sure I understand. However I remember some people on the forum have converted the rear lights so that both are fogs or reversing lights. Make sure it's legal though.

6) Check the timing belt in particular if it hasn't been changed before. Also change the accessory belt if it hasn't been done before. Raise it and look at the suspension as the bravo's shock absorbers and wishbones don't last very long. Apart from that there are many other threads discussing this point in detail.

7). Blue&me is used for bluetooth pairing and playing music over a USB drive. All of its functions can be activated by voice command. You can't play music over bluetooth though.

Sorry if I couldn't answer all your questions.

1. Have a look at this thread: https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo/351579-royal-steering-wheels.html

2. If it currently does not have climate control, fitting such is difficult, as your body computer will not be set up to accept it. Changing the body computer would require a full lock/key set as well, and the engine management computer from a donor car of similar spec. If it has aircon, this is simpler and cheaper to maintain.

7. Blue & Me should give you hands-free telephone use, plus the ability to play music from your phone. However, there are lots of threads about issues. Incompatibility with many phones is common. The most common issue though seems to involve updates. Frequently a software update seems to fail, killing the B&M unit. Replacements are scarce on Ebay, and expensive new. So if it works, my advice is don't try to upgrade it. The handbook should give instructions of how to connect your phone.

Honestly, Christmas is just chaotic!

Thanks so much, thought as much with most of the answers, just didn't know for sure.

It has Aircon, but not the digital display, was going to do it with my Corsa before I got offered this, but didn't get round to it.

Yea I'll have to have a look at it. Just looks so weird with one of each light. Lol.

Haven't had a proper go tbh, fetching it upto mine after the new year so I can actually do stuff on it and do what I want on it.

As for the steering wheel, I'll have to wait and see if I come across one on eBay in the next few months, or a breakers. Don't really want to pay £100+ for it redoing in leather. Might aswell get a nicer steering wheel for that kind of money imo.

Last edited:
Jesus Wept Fiat are expensive!

Just been down to the dealership here in Barnsley hoping I could just get the plastic bit for the boot button, as mines come off, and they wanted £45 for the entire unit because apparently they are sold as a entire unit, not just the badge ( ****erssssss! )

While I was there, I got him to price me up the Cambelt and aux belt up out of interest... £212 for the cambelt kit and around £33-£38 for the aux belt depending on which one one I needed. My arse nearly fell out of my arse when he told me!

As for the boot badge, think I'm going to take the Mrs to a paint shop and tell her to match it with the standard and paint it myself.

Managed to get a steering wheel and gear knob for £80 inc P&P. They looked in decent condition from the pictures i got sent, so fingers crossed.

I'm thinking the Ebay for the Cambelt Kit + Aux Belt which comes to £116. That is less than half what I'd be paying Fiat for, for the exact same, but in a Fiat box. Rofl

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back