Technical faults need help (Washer Jets) (drains batt)

Currently reading:
Technical faults need help (Washer Jets) (drains batt)

carter

hey guys ive got a couple of faults with my tipo 1.4ie it doesn't lock on the drivers side the pin goes down the pops up again locks every other door accept the driver door but if i do it on the passengers side they all lock :eek:

second thing is my washer jets don't work they was fine one day but now i pull the stalk and all what happens is the wipers move. ive checked the washer fluid its full.

Cheers Dan

for the washer jets, start by checking you can hear the pump working. if it is then disconnect the pipes from the pump to check it's being pumped, also check that they are all working and it's not leaking somewhere. is it both front and back that it's a problem?

The problem with the central locking is probably a sticky lock mechanism (passenger door maybe), it can't shut properly with the electric signal so the others all pop back up. If you lock it with the key then it will shut ok. Probably needs lubrication - spray grease or something.

The washers may need you to take off the wipers and the plastic panel underneath - it covers all the pipes and there is a non-return valve that can stick or get blocked. Sometimes the pipes get gunked up and need blowing thrrough. But check that the pump is actually pumping.

Back