General Facilities at Poweritalia?

Currently reading:
General Facilities at Poweritalia?

Hi,
Off to poweritalia (Essex) tomorrow 2/2/11 for: new clutch, oil and filter change, thermostat and abs sensor. If you have been, what are the facilities like? For example, are their shops nearby (food & drink) is there a waiting area? Thanks

Say hi to Roger for me. ;)
Nothing near by except a nice cafe (does food) at the bottom of the road. That's where I go when I visit poweritalia

You're in good hands.

Great thanks, I may take a couple of bacon butties. Is there a waiting room?

Say hi to Roger for me. ;)
Nothing near by except a nice cafe (does food) at the bottom of the road. That's where I go when I visit poweritalia

You're in good hands.

Yeah, but trust me. The cafe does lovely coffee. It's a modern place. Does bagels an a really good bacon and sausage sandwhich.
The car will be ready in no time.

Take a newspaper/good book and sit in the café, that's what I'd be doing. That's one area where Motormech excels - it's within walking distance of the Bullring shopping centre :cool: But could be a :( if the missus tags along :D

Take a newspaper/good book and sit in the café, that's what I'd be doing. That's one area where Motormech excels - it's within walking distance of the Bullring shopping centre :cool: But could be a :( if the missus tags along :D

Mate let the shop.......divorce costs a lot more money.....trust me on this one!

Pity it's not Friday he is going, I need to pop into Rogers to collect some head lamps.

All done, 5 hours in total: clutch and slave, oil and filter change, abs sensor and a new cv gaitor... Thermostat, air pipe and an undertray in a few weeks. More than happy, Roger is a top bloke.

All done, 5 hours in total: clutch and slave, oil and filter change, abs sensor and a new cv gaitor... Thermostat, air pipe and an undertray in a few weeks. More than happy, Roger is a top bloke.

Told you! ;-)
Did you at least pass on my good wishes? ;-)
I'll be seeing him tomorrow anyway. ;-)

Sorry, I didn't. I forgot your screen name...But I did mention that I have spoken to lots of people on here who passed on his good name. Thanks again for the info.

Sorry, I didn't. I forgot your screen name...But I did mention that I have spoken to lots of people on here who passed on his good name. Thanks again for the info.

Haha....my screen name is my name! lol

Glad you were well looked after.
Hows the car running?

Looks like il be heading there nex month for some sevicing, it sounds like the place to be for me coupe's needs. (y):slayer:

I definitely recommend Poweritalia to anyone who owns a coop. Everything was explained to me before the work was carried out and Roger made the time to speak to me about some concerns I had with the car.
Ori, the car is running great now. Roger told me that the clutch looked new but it appeared to be a bodged job by a company I can’t mention (Mr c****h).
Note: Do not compromise on price; you get what you pay for. (y)

Ahhhhh me clutch. I've heard too many horror stories.

Saw Roger today. He seems very busy.
Hows the car running???

Ori hi,

Car is running good thanks especially now it's got a new clutch. Still got lots more to do:
  • Clean/replace MAF
  • new lambda
  • undertray
  • new door seals
  • new wipers
  • possible water pump leak
  • thermostat
  • air intake pipe cracked
  • fuel filler cap needs attention
  • mot April
  • full body re-spray
  • refurb 2 wheels
  • track rod ends
  • tracking
  • NSF door handle broken
  • repair ashtray
  • replace ICE
  • repair/replace alarm
  • look at C/L as it doesn not always work
LOL...The list is endless. But we all knew this when we decided on a car like this...But it's worth it. I have noticed one thing that does concern me. Driving ther car yesterday and under breaking at speed on the M1 the car wobbled a little at the front??? TBH, it was like a very slow pull to the left and then back to the right again.

I have replaced drop links, wishbones and roll bar rubbers. I have also had new front pads and discs??? Any ideas? I thought it could be a stuck caliper or worn track rod ends, but why only do it at high speed?

Last edited:
Quite a list.
Get a proper 4 wheel allignment and see if it still pulls.
Try spraying some wd40 into both locks and reset them by unlocking using the key the drivers side then locking. Then do the same on passenger side.

I need to get a quote for some bodywork on my car. Just can't afford it at the moment after spending so much money already.

Where abouts you live?

Quite a list.
Get a proper 4 wheel allignment and see if it still pulls.
Try spraying some wd40 into both locks and reset them by unlocking using the key the drivers side then locking. Then do the same on passenger side.

I need to get a quote for some bodywork on my car. Just can't afford it at the moment after spending so much money already.

Where abouts you live?
Just done the locks with wd40 and...problem solved, cheers. I'll take the car for a lazer allignment next week and see what happens. I live in Luton, are you local to Essex?

Back