Facebook Gheyness

Currently reading:
Facebook Gheyness

hey people, happy friday :)

a *friend* of my mates has made a facebook profile pretending to be him and saying his old one is no longer being used, whoever it is has added everyone on the originals friend list & more.

he's sending messages and putting up statuses that are getting a lot of daft people thinking he's basically a peedo!

he's a good mate and i'd hate for bad things to come from this, if word gets around about this sort of thing you're screwed.

he's emailed facebook but it could be a few days before they even reply and in that time the damage could be done, any ideas?

cheers folks!

Post on profie page something like 'Warning. The user of this profile is not actually *****'

Then post the same for every status update. Get all mutual friends to do the same also.

Will make people aware I'd have thought?

TBH Facebook are :tosser: I reported a vid and its yet to be removed.

he can't 'cos the pretender hasn't added the orignal.

he's been trying to tell everyone it's a fake on the statuses, the fake says he's is the fake, i guess most of his mates are a tad retarded TBH but most of them are beleiving it so i worry people on facebook will tell others and others will tell others etc. best thing is to have it removed ASAP

If you have the same mutual friends on your page as the fake one, send a PM to the mutual friends advising it is a fake.

Other than changing your status to 'x' profile is fake ignore what is being posted or something like that and hoping a lot of people see it then there isnt anymore you can do other than sit tight and hope people realise it is a fake and that the damage is minimal

If you have the same mutual friends on your page as the fake one, send a PM to the mutual friends advising it is a fake.

Other than changing your status to 'x' profile is fake ignore what is being posted or something like that and hoping a lot of people see it then there isnt anymore you can do other than sit tight and hope people realise it is a fake and that the damage is minimal

yeah mate he's tried it but the other profile (fake) is saying someones on that one as it's been hacked and that was the reason for the new one, they're bothing saying each others are fakes, i mean it's pretty obvious to me which is fake, some of the things he's coming up with

Urg, cant work out how to word this...hope it makes sense.

If the fake one is saying whatever in the status, and the real one is saying its fake...why would people think that the fake one is really the real one?

Only thing I can think of is to contact the Police on the non-emergency number, or...does he know who it is? Do the same to them :LOL:

Lol police, think they have better things to do with their time than sort out a fake facebook profile

get them together in the same place and let them sort it out man to man

some beleived the new profile because the new profile said that someone had hacked his old one, it was obvious to me straight away, spelt his name wrong for a start.

last night he said whoever had made it better delete it or he's getting the police involved, it worked because it's gone now.(y)

Back