General External temp/mileage display

Currently reading:
General External temp/mileage display

Anyone else have trouble with their external temp/mileage display?

Mine was only showing mileage and temp when 3 degrees or below. Couldn't hear any clicking from the microswitch so decided to check the operation of the switch by removing the 'switch strip' across the central dash.

Now the display will only ever show external temp :bang: except when starting the car or resetting the mileage. An issue which resolved itself on my pervious marea.

Luckily mine doesn't need the dash taking out to replace any of the illumination bulbs. :)

Basically I want to know if anyone else has had this issue, and if changing the 'switch strip' solved your problem.

Thats funny my Marea Weekend does that it's works the same way,
Somtimes it works like normal when you press the temp button on the middle dash switches it stays on the temp but resets it's self when the weather changes

Strange
Seme

Hellcat said:
Great - I've the temp displayed until Feb then?

lol well it will be the coldest part of the year i would imagine lol

but it your really desperate i could order some blubs but do remember i work at a ford garage not a fiat one so may have to order them in

Valeen said:
lol well it will be the coldest part of the year i would imagine lol

but it your really desperate i could order some blubs but do remember i work at a ford garage not a fiat one so may have to order them in

I meant for yours! They only cost a quid or so even from Halfords - less if you go to somewhere like sewells. Dashboard twist lock type..

Last edited:
Can someone with external temp tell me what happens if they hold their temp button in? I know it displays temp for 10 secs when you press the button. What happens if you keep holding the button in after 10 seconds? Does odo come back up or does it keep on showing the temp?

Spot on, my switch strip catches sometimes under the one to it's left. You can tell coz it shows temp all the time. A shove from a finger nail in the right direction sends it straight back to mileage.

Back