Tuning Ex Stilo 1.6 Turbo. Now Stilo 3.0 V6 with "some" mods.

Currently reading:
Tuning Ex Stilo 1.6 Turbo. Now Stilo 3.0 V6 with "some" mods.

Great noise! On page 77 of the latest issue of Evo magazine, they voted the Alfa V6 "...the most glorious-sounding six-cylinder engine ever".

As an ex-GTV6 owner, I approve!

Nikos this is where you need to take your super Stilo titan too for some true sound recording, you know it makes sense :D

4284833436_281c1b72a4.jpg

Thank you guys! I will try to finish the car the following weeks and get you a better overview-presentation. Stay tuned! ;)

absolutly AWSOME job there mate! i totally take my hat off to anyone who can do something like that, its something i wish i knew how to do, but sadly lack the skills ( damm ecu's - just give me carbs anyday!! ) i've always thought the alfa V6 to not only sound the best, but also LOOK the best too! with those lovely chromed intake pipes and the red "alfa romeo" sign on the cam covers.......and then theres that noise!!:yum: spot on mate!(y)

Hi guys...

It has been long, but I had a lot to do (not in the Stilo)... This weekend I manufactured brand new driveshafts, since I didn't found reliable the previous ones. I tested it this evening and the car drives awesome! Tomorrow I will stick some advertising stickers and I am going to a Trackday on Saturday, in a circuit close to my city... I hope I will get some videos!

How much would you charge to come to South Africa and convert my Stilo into yours? It is a 5 door 1.6.

You are kidding, right? :D

It is not that easy to come to South Africa, but I could give you all the information/knowledge/support that I can, through internet... :) (and of course free of charge!) :p

Of course I am. But one can dream........;)

Your car looks stunning. I also had a look at your video's on You Tube. Awesome sound from it. By the way what speed where you doing on the track? I saw some quick glimpses of, what i presume must be the speedo, past your hands while driving.

By the way what speed where you doing on the track? I saw some quick glimpses of, what i presume must be the speedo, past your hands while driving.

You are right, the digital gauge at the bottom-left of the screen, is the speedo. The lowest speed (at a hairpin) is about 70-75km/h and the maximum speed (at the end of the start/finish straight) is about 190km/h... That was with the turbo engine. This Saturday it would be the first time with the V6 engine in the circuit. So I will check for differences...

There is a link to the circuit that I am driving...
http://www.serrescircuit.gr/index_int.asp?code=home

Sometimes I really can't understand what is going on with my car...

I have changed the 90% of the car, with different or custom parts, and someone should expect that these should be failing commonly... And what is happening, I get fails on the parts that are still OEM! :bang:

Last night I decided to change the semi slicks with some road legal ones, because of the heavy rain. So I changed wheels (I have two sets of them), but before I finish, the threads of the front left hub, failed! :bang: Of course I didn't go to the circuit today... (n)

Now I am planning to make adapters to change the 4x98 pattern to 5x112 one... I will also order two sets of the SAME wheels with the new patterns and hopefully I will not have any problems with the wobly bolts in the future...

Talk about having a bad day... and I was expecting videos of the track day. :p I hope it gets sorted out fast, many fans are waiting for the feedback on the new engine. :)

Greetings from a cold and rainy Bucharest.

Back