Evans Halshaw

Currently reading:
Evans Halshaw

Wolve

Problems from day one.. (Both from Fiat and Evans Halshaw)

Ordered the car which came with everything that I asked for and right stuff on it. First proble encounted was the dint in the door (bare in mind this was from the factory!!). It also came with one of the side skirts parting off (This was common apparently ... the clips aint the best ... although I use to work for the company that supplied them lol). These were fixed within 2 weeks.

In April/May this year I had an accident and Just Car Clinic sorted it all out, The guy there pointed out to me the spoiler had been put on wrong (again, from the factory) as it was aligned to far to the leg and was catching on the rear quarter panel when the boot was open. It took 3-4 months for Fiat to decide the spoiler was to be done under warrenty. This work is now underway and it went into the garage 27/10/07 (10 days ago) and was told I would have it back the following friday. I then recieved a call the friday saying it would be delivered to my house Tuesday (today) so I called up to see if it had been delivered at 4pm. She told me that I wouldn't have it untill tomorrow. If it isn't here tomorrow, there manager will have a very big complaint to sort out :bang:.

So beware of Evans Halshaw (Mansfield is where I went) as they may not be quite so good..

its cold, better they keep it till sealer has set rather than give you it back with a spoiler that may fall off

They had it since Monday 29th morning, I'm no professional but I'm sure it doesn't take over a week for it to settle?

Place's just bug me because you make an appointment, wait 2 weeks for it to come. When it come's, your cars sat there for ages before its looked at.

My Service last month, I made the appointment for 9am. Asked how long itll be she said 1.5-2 hours so I said ok I'll wait. She then informed me noone will be avalible do the service untill 2pm ... so where was the point in booking it in at 9am and not at 2pm?

Deep joy the evan halshaw experiance :rolleyes: been there worn the T shirt and never again (n)

evans halshaw are crap mate

they had my seicento in and it took them 3 attempts to get it right , there quality of work is shocking im so glad when i asked about a job there a while back they said no. i wouldnt reccomend the company to anybody.

Part of the Pendragon Group

Used to be Priory (not pendragon i think) then pendragon took it over and renamed it under the evans halshaw name and relocated it to a different part of the town.

My Stilo went into evans halshaw, mansfield (towed in by AA) and it took them 3 weeks to look at it and say "sorry sir we dont know whats wrong, you can take it somewhere else if you want"

I believe they share their only tech as some days I rang for them to say "the tech isn't in today, he will look at it first thing tomorrow"

I have a very sour taste in my mouth about Evans Halshaw in Mansfield. Not only in the buying process which had its own difficulties which I will not write here as will take too long.

I purchased a Suzuki Ignis Sport from them in Nov last year, paid a 50% cash deposit and went back one week later to collect, paid a further 25% cash and the remainder on credit card.

One week later get a phone call from card provider asking if I made a purchase at Evans Halshaw?
Yes.
Did you then purchase two train tickets the following day?
No.
OK we have blocked yoru card, we will issue a new one.
thanks.

Now I think its just a coincidence that a card that i hadn't used in over a year suddenly gets used fraudulently with to days of me using it, so think nothing of it.

Then imagine my surprise when in Feb I get a credit agreement through the post from Santander for the purchase of an Audi A3 for £18,000 purchased from Evans Halshaw in Mansfield!

I had only ever been to Mansfield twice in my life first time to look at my car, and 2nd time to take it home.

Yet Evans Halshaw said they or there employees had nothing to do with it. They blooming signed the agreements for someone who looked nothing like me according to the police who impounded there security tapes, used a photocopy of my driving license I gave them as proof of my identity as there identity, when I have never had a license stolen, so they were only people who ever copied it. :bang:

Cut long story short, they caught someone driving the car on the M1 about 2 weeks later and recovered the car. I had to get a FISAS IIRC put on my credit history and passwords added to protect me from any more fraud and didn't even receive an apology from EH even tho it took place on there premises.

Too many coincidences, never use them again. (n)

Another negative reply for Evans Halshaw in mansfield. It has taken them a week to diagnose that the battery is fcuked. I was told it was fixed on wednesday go to pick it up on thusday and battery is dead. Has taken them 2 days to test the battery and come to the conclusion that its fcuked and will now take them 4 days to get a new one apparently! Safe to say i am not happy at all and my car will not be going back to them.

Well folks were do I start with these lying, scheming, incompetent crooks, I made the sad mistake of driving over to Mansfield car hunting back in December 2006 and came across EH on Southwell Road which is were the FIAT dealership was originally based before moving in to Motorhouse then down to their Nottingham Road site which used to be CD Bramwell. If you go their today their is no Fiat showroom yet they still proclaim and indeed are registered as a Fiat dealership. Every time I took my car there they never had a qualified Fiat tech onsite, not since moving from Southwell Road.

I won't even go into the horrors of shody workmanship carried out by these crooks but lets just say in the end I complained to Fiat direct and refused to take the car back to these crooks unless hell freezes over. A stern word of warning to all do not under any circumstances take your car to be looked at by these crooks, thinking of buying a car forget Evans Halshaw. I bought the new Astra from Reg Vardy before they became Evans Halshaw. And it's funny but I see old Reg Vardy staff and ex employees of EH all over the place, they all have the same scary stories to tell about EH, this is the dealership from hell.:devil:

Last edited:
Back