Ceased Trading - Evans Halshaw Stockton

Currently reading:
Ceased Trading - Evans Halshaw Stockton

Drove past last week and the forecourt is empty..

bit wierd me thinks. Stop by the other day and still empty. Park up and read the tiny notice on the door - Closed for business. All enquiries Evans Halshaw A66 Nissan.

Expected at least a letter from them being a recent customer.

Part of Pendragon. I believe their shares took a massive hit last week and that trading was suspended for a time. Caught up in the sub prime lending fallout.

Last edited:
Is it me or are all fiat dealers in the north east suffering?. First Reg Vardy at croft road darlington (my favorite dealer :() then SG Petch in bishop auckland is now holiways ford :bang: (who wants a ford anyway!). And now evans halshaw stockton :cry:. Next nearest one for me is newcastle :bang:.

so where the hell in teh north east IS there a fiat garage?

there was one in sunderland, gone
there was one in chester street, AFAIK gone
there was one in durham/stockon, can't find it (not at its marked address, just some new houses :()

the one in sunderland was actually really good. dead useful on a number of occasions

faster4_tec; said:
so where the hell in teh north east IS there a fiat garage?

there was one in sunderland, gone
there was one in chester street, AFAIK gone
there was one in durham/stockon, can't find it (not at its marked address, just some new houses :()

the one in sunderland was actually really good. dead useful on a number of occasions

Theres Wentane in Stockton which everyone seems to forget about. (y)

I was shocked as well about SG Petch in Bishop now being Holiways, was handy as was close to work.
Which dealer are you having trouble finding in Durham/Stockton area, might be able to point you in the right direction ;)
If it is Wentane their service dept. is on the other side of town to the sales. Postcode is TS18 1TH, its just behind the peugeot garage.

Last edited:
I believe Reg Vardy (the highwayman of new & used car sales) have been taken over by Evans Halshaw. I also believe that Evans Halshaw doesn't deal with Fiat hence anything Fiat they've taken over has closed.

The Darlington Fiat dealership has now shifted to SG Petch on McMullen Rd. However they aint built the showroom yet & only have a couple of Fiats outside. However, don't bother visiting - I popped-in for a drive of a 500 & found it was to much bother for them!

After standing over the salesman he reluctantly found a set of keys so I could have a look inside the car, but that was it. It just reminded me what I hate about franchise garages.

Fiat Wentane have been there for years family owned company.
Reg vardy,evans halshaw came with their big targets and Wentane has outlasted them .
Ive bought 2 cars off them in the past and cant fault their service always friendly.
Neil the manager has been there years i remember trading in my uno turbo for a punto gt turbo ..doesnt time fly.
Anyway i recommend them.:)

I remember TJ Vickers in Telford, before the release of the New Panda and Grande Punto suddenly starting selling suzuki cars and their radio jingle changed to "TJ Vickers, your suzuki super dealer" as apposed to fiat.

Now there show room is rammed back up with Fiats, and are now a 'fiat dealer' once again, and the suzuki's are pushed aside.

That says it all ! dictated by the current franchise to sell whatever is there at the time!(customer is 2nd before you walk in already no doubt).
Like i said Wentane have been there for years only selling Fiats and a few Alfas so look after their customers.,with a hope of recommendation which is how i became to go there in the first place.:)

Last edited:
Is it me or are all fiat dealers in the north east suffering?. First Reg Vardy at croft road darlington (my favorite dealer :() then SG Petch in bishop auckland is now holiways ford :bang: (who wants a ford anyway!). And now evans halshaw stockton :cry:. Next nearest one for me is newcastle :bang:.

Bishop SG Petch just moved to Darlo. I didn't get a letter about that, went to take car for repairs and that was empty.

My Panda MJ came from Evan Halshaw at Stockton, who then promptly disappeared. As I suspected the fuel consumption was poor (low 50's), I tried Wentanes, who were polite and helpful, but at less than 8,000 miles on the clock their only suggestion was a dose of injector cleaner which made no difference at all.

So, come 12,000 mile service (today) off it went to GMD at Durham (Fiat/Chevy). £164 for an oil and filter change, and they forgot to change the air filter. At least I didn't get charged for that. A high price to pay just to keep it in warranty for another year.

Nice car, just shame about the dealers......

The Fiat dealer i go to is on Railway Street. Near scotswood road. Close to Metro Arena.
They ok and helpful, but twice i have come home to find job not completed or an extra rattle , so had to trail back.

ok as in not good or bad. They helpful and friendly, until your car gets into the garage itself. If you knew the hassle i have had with my last two cars well garages i bought them from. You would prob agree that its ok at the minute. Dont worry i have complained and had trading standards involved by the way.

Back