Technical Euro 5 or 6

Currently reading:
Technical Euro 5 or 6

Billy192

hi,
After following a link on here re the derivatives of the Ducato vans i read the following:

The fourth generation Ducato/Jumper/Relay/Boxer (platform designation X290) was introduced in the summer of 2014, scheduled for an October 2014 debut as a 2015 model while the 2014 model year was entirely skipped. Although based on the third generation model, it features a heavily revised front end, with more car like headlight styling. Euro 6 engines were introduced for the 2017 model year in late 2016, and does not require Adblue (Fiat version only) unlike most of its competitors.[17]

I have a 2018 2.3 Fiat, does this mean my engine is Euro 6 compliant?

Billy

hi,
After following a link on here re the derivatives of the Ducato vans i read the following:

The fourth generation Ducato/Jumper/Relay/Boxer (platform designation X290) was introduced in the summer of 2014, scheduled for an October 2014 debut as a 2015 model while the 2014 model year was entirely skipped. Although based on the third generation model, it features a heavily revised front end, with more car like headlight styling. Euro 6 engines were introduced for the 2017 model year in late 2016, and does not require Adblue (Fiat version only) unlike most of its competitors.[17]

I have a 2018 2.3 Fiat, does this mean my engine is Euro 6 compliant?

Billy
Probably yes. when was it registered, is it a motorhome? MAny motorhomes sat on the forecourt for a while, as an example mine was registered March 18 came out of Fiat November 16 and May17 from Rapido. IF you have badges on the wings after the 2.3 multijet 2 indcates a euro 6. It will have the twin EGR engine . The first euro 6 came out of the factory to convertors August 16 as vans september 16.

Probably yes. when was it registered, is it a motorhome? MAny motorhomes sat on the forecourt for a while, as an example mine was registered March 18 came out of Fiat November 16 and May17 from Rapido. IF you have badges on the wings after the 2.3 multijet 2 indcates a euro 6. It will have the twin EGR engine . The first euro 6 came out of the factory to convertors August 16 as vans september 16.

Yep Auto trail
IMG_7811.jpg

just 2.3 multijet 2 130

It reads as you suggest, but is your vehicle of 2018 manufacture? There is sometimes a considerable delay between manufacture and registration.

If you do have the Euro 6 compliant vehicle, then this thread may apply. Oh dear!

Don't frighten the poor chap.
Have a read.
What is the history? how long have you had it . Have you any Fiat service history?
Normaly i would suggest
check if someone is near you that could run MES on your van.
Not all twin egr engines have problems but it is prudent to get Multiecuscan and do some monitoring

Don't frighten the poor chap.
Have a read.
What is the history? how long have you had it . Have you any Fiat service history?
Normaly i would suggest
check if someone is near you that could run MES on your van.
Not all twin egr engines have problems but it is prudent to get Multiecuscan and do some monitoring
i am confused, i only asked if my van was Euro 6. what do i need to monitor? the van just drove around spain for 4 weeks did 2.5k. its done 15K in total i think it had a service when it had done 7K . i have changed the oil (although the garage did it when i bought it in june). just wanted to know was it 5 or 6.
Billy

It reads as you suggest, but is your vehicle of 2018 manufacture? There is sometimes a considerable delay between manufacture and registration.

If you do have the Euro 6 compliant vehicle, then this thread may apply. Oh dear!
Just referring to the thread that Communicator mentioned. Don't worry , and don't read it.

Back