Technical Error Code where Mileage is displayed.

Currently reading:
Technical Error Code where Mileage is displayed.

thegooner

Hi

I have an error message pop up on my Bravo HLX (where the digital mileage is normally displayed). It appears for about 20 seconds after turning on the ignition, then goes.

The message is "Error C1 . "

Anyone have a list of what these messages mean?

Note: I don't believe this has anything to do with my previous post ref keys - as the keys problem has being going on for ages, and this error message only appeared yesterday).

Thanks in advance.

thats usually for the external temperature sensor on climate control models. iirc one of the wing mirrors houses the sensor.

try this to get the full error code:

1. turn to key to MAR
2. wait about 30 seconds
3. return the key to stop
4. do this:-

a. Set the following configuration
- temperature knob on "HI"
- distribution knob on "MAX DEF"
- ventilation knob on "0"
b. turn the key from STOP to MAR
c. within 10 seconds, turn the ventilation knob through the following sequence:
"0" - "AUTO" - "0" - "AUTO" - "0"

the digital display will then display more info on the error, such as error c1. error00 or error c1. error34. tell me the full error code. it sometimes takes a few attempts to get the full error code, dont give up after one attmept.

Nice one... I'll try that tonight and post back later.

Thanks Jug.

OK Jug.... done what you said (very clever).

I now get "Error 64" following the "Error C1 ."

What does that mean.

Thanks for your help, really appreciated.

sorry took so long to reply been away from pc over weekend.

it means- External temperature sensor signal indistinguishable.

which means there's no signal from the sensor in the driver's side wing mirror.Probably a loose wire or dirty connection. this happens fairly often as wet can get inside the mirror especially when it rains or you clean car causing corrosion of the connector. a quick clean and lube should sort it. Error00 is more often what you get when the sensor is returning an out of range value (duff sensor) so hopefully your sensor is ok.

Nice one.

I'll check it out.

Where can I find a list of these codes and what they mean? Scanned the web and even asked the Fiat Dealer but can't find it anywhere.

Thanks again !!

thegooner said:
Nice one.

I'll check it out.

Where can I find a list of these codes and what they mean? Scanned the web and even asked the Fiat Dealer but can't find it anywhere.

Thanks again !!
Jug is an encyclopedia, he has information even car manufacturer don't have...
He's our know-it-all friend.
JUG, ON BEHALF OF EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM: THANKYOU. We're very lucky to have you in this forum :)

i dont have a list or anything i just remember one time at band camp when someone showed me how to get the full fault code, and they said error00-error29 usually means "external temperature sensor signal out of range" and anything over 30 means "external temperature sensor signal indistinguishable". it was a reliable source so i've no reason to doubt them. when you've worked on cars for a few years you kind of pick things up, most modern cars have tricks dealers use for quick programming and fault diagnosis.

jug said:
most modern cars have tricks dealers use for quick programming and fault diagnosis.

Trouble is... I asked our local dealer, and they didn't know. lol.

:worship: Jug

they did know, well maybe the sales person you spoke to didnt but the techs would know, they wont usually tell a potential customer because it makes more sense (and money) having the customer let fiat look at the car.

jug said:
they did know, well maybe the sales person you spoke to didnt but the techs would know, they wont usually tell a potential customer because it makes more sense (and money) having the customer let fiat look at the car.

ERR00 is default and system ok.

Please help me out!
I have a fiat bravo 1.9 td 75 and my a/c compressor isn't engaging . when I press the switch the light turns on but not the compressor. When I connect the compressor directly to the negative pole of the battery it starts. I also just refiled with gas but no success. When i tryed the error checking method, in the LCD display it appears error C1 , error 00. Please help me out.
Thanx in advance.

Last edited:
Yeah jug think it was you or mal when mine done it and it was the connector pulled itself slightly to one side. To the lad askin bout ac compressor it sounds like then possibly a fault in wire back up to the switch if you can ground it out ok to the bat. Iirc there's something for ac behind the passenger side fog light but can't for the life of me remember what. Good luck.

Back