Technical Engine problems cant solve!

Currently reading:
Technical Engine problems cant solve!

How many miles since the last belt change? Did you check the timing professionally? You can only see it with proper diagnostic software like MES. You can't visually judge the state of the belt without actually getting your hands dirty. Belts last a long time before developing cracks and visual signs of failure.

There have been some instances when a car got that code and the owner just kept on driving the car and the cambelt snapped and caused engine failure. Even after that the owner insisted on changing the sensors. :ROFLMAO:

By changing the sensors you're introducing more issues, the ECU needs to be adapted for those sensors and in the end you still get the code again. :ROFLMAO:

I can see a lot of humour in these discussions and I hope that after you find out what the issue really is, you're going to have a good laugh.

If I were you, I'd stop driving the car and have the cambelt, tensioner and water pump changed. Lots of information on that too! You need locking tools for it. There's a good guide for changing cambelt on these forums just have a look.

Also if it looks like that the car has very rarely got new spark plugs, the ECU might be the culprit. Driving long periods with poor spark plugs damage the ecu. But you should look into that possibility only if you still got the code after having the cambelt job done and engine has correct timing and all that.

Sensors very rarely fail because they're built to last the lifetime of the vehicle. Don't be a part changer. (y)

It's booked in to have belt done on 12th. Fingers crossed fixes it or it might find itself on fire or down a cliff

Don't give up too easily! Cambelt change is a part of regular maintenance. You got yourself a cheap and cheerful car and in the end you might get lucky that the car's engine is not damaged and everything else works fine too. (y)

Yeah I know mate it's just puts you off the car when you have nothing but trouble. Drove amazing on test drive and on way home. Bodywork is incredible on it too

No I bought it as it was. Ran fine for a bit then it would start playing up. My friend did who's a mechanic

No I bought it as it was. Ran fine for a bit then it would start playing up. My friend did who's a mechanic
dont quite understand how it was running ok then wasnt and the belt turns out to be 1 tooth out that being the case you would think it would have run:poop: from the start! glad its resolved anyway!

If its one tooth out would probably run okay, obviously as belt gets older it will stretch a bit knocking timing out more, then belt gets hot from engine stretch even more

Back