Technical Engine managment light!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Engine managment light!!!

Engine Managment light... my First time.
Well here goes,
I turned the key with the clutch pressed(i always do ) and the car started to crank over 2-3 times but did not catch (i had not turned the key fully) i then turned the last quarter inch (or so) and she fired up(all lights on dash came on then went off apart from the usual)
i made a 3 mile run and parked up,upon getting back in the car all was fine ,i made my 3 mile return run.
the car stood for 6 hours until i finished work it started fine again,400 yards later the "check engine" lights on...
all fluid levels are good,
full service history(due next 1200miles)
34883miles on clock.
had random "ABS fail" and "hill holder not available " and also "radiator fluid temp" for a few weeks now.
i have noticed over the bad weather period i have dropped 4-5 miles to the gallon in juice.........
At first i thought battery voltage- i check with a meter and its 12.plus at standing its way over 13.at charging but i could do with a charge.
I noticed today that the turbo has no pull , it spools up and you can hear it dump air on the accelerstor release but hardly any power from 13'000 -22'000...All this points to the EGR Valve.

today i stripped the EGR cleaned it and the pipes,then noticed the solenoid wasnt working,so i followed a thread from another site and freed up the solenoid,put it all back together and.....its no different.
garage tomorrow then.

try disconnecting the battery, the reconnect, start the car, if the light is still their take the car round the block, turn it off, turn it on... when I started my car once without the egr plugged in, the eml came on, it took 3 'start-run-off' sequences to clear the light

• Thanks
Reactions: ste
you tried taking the negative post off the battery for an hour to let it fully reset?

i had the battery of for 3 hours while i charged it.
then put it on once all the valve was put back together.
the solenoid was rusted shut so i was convinced it was that,but i drove it earlier and there is hardly any turbo pull,so poss a split turbo manifold /pipe split...i realy dont know until it gets up on the ramps and gets plugged in tomorrow.

5.24pm and not got my car,i rang them and they said"we have used 3 different code readers inc snap-on and launch and we can not get in to the cars ECU"

I picked her up and tried to drive away and bing bing "excessive rad temp"
then.........................wait......................the MIL light went out and its fine!!!
looks like i did fix it after all..
cheers for the bods on here who helped

Back