Technical engine failure

Currently reading:
Technical engine failure

WILFY2

hi guys and gals my 04 plate 1.4 16v idea has just thrown up the engine failure light. im thinking its a temperature sensor fault as the temperature guage has stopped at the same time. any ideas where the sensor is please.

hi guys and gals my 04 plate 1.4 16v idea has just thrown up the engine failure light. im thinking its a temperature sensor fault as the temperature guage has stopped at the same time. any ideas where the sensor is please.

Hi, and welcome, :)
pretty sure it's been asked before..,
maybe look in Stilo section..same engine..,

check fuses too..;)
Charlie

Thanks Charlie fuses are good im convinced its sensor or wire to it but there looks like two sensors not sure which is which.
She runs fine and fan is cutting in in traffic so im not too worried just want to clear the warnings and get temp gauge up again

My Idea had the same problem, engine light on and temp gauge flat down. I cleaned the map sensor and the temp gauge is now working but the engine light is still on, I ordered a scan reader and hoping it will tell me the error codes. Anything else I can do?

I didnt get a new battery yet, but it seems the sensor needed to relearn for a few miles after the cleaning as the engine failure message is not showing anymore and the light is not on. Fingers crossed!Good old wd40 to clean the MAP sensr seems to have worked but I'll keep a eye on the dashboard and a good ear on the purring of the engine.

Back