General Engine codes

Currently reading:
General Engine codes

stevepearce

Hi everyone. I am still trying to fix my punto's running problem having replaced the head gasket. I thought I had found the problem when I had a poor spark from two of the leads, but having replaced the leads it's still the same. The spark is better. Both coil packs are good. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a garage local or if anyone local to me has any ideas or the equipment to check the fault codes. I live in Weymouth Dorset. Cheers.

sorry no idea with garages down there
but can you do a compression test and or a vacuum test rather than paying garage rates for a read of any codes that might prove worthless in this case?

but can you do a compression test and or a vacuum test rather than paying garage rates for a read of any codes that might prove worthless in this case?

I will see if I can get a compression gauge and give that a go. Many thanks. Could it be lack of compression causing my problems.

I will see if I can get a compression gauge and give that a go. Many thanks. Could it be lack of compression causing my problems.

I am the middle of doing the compression test so far so good first 3 tested above 200 psi then battery when flat, so waiting to test last one. fingers r crossed.

Back