Technical Engine code P1302-29

Currently reading:
Technical Engine code P1302-29

Benson978

I have error code P1302-29 Gear Shift Self. Learning - Signal Invalid.
Has anyone had this? Where is the sensor?
Thanks

I pressume its a comformatic gear box. When was the fluids changed in the actuators cluch and gear change. Do you have a copy of multiecuscan?

In theory could be also the full automatic on the x290...

We cannot be fortune tellers here. Minimum of information should be provided by the OP. We can't even be sure if it is a Ducato, perhaps the thread was started in the wrong category... I'd even say there should be a form with several fields and the thread couldn't be posted without those.

I'd even say there should be a form with several fields and the thread couldn't be posted without those.
I work on the information provided wheather wrong or insufficient, not always best but
IF concerned about way posts are made make suggestions on the SITE HELP / feedback forum. Weather a format for 1st time post is possible. There is good advice in the welcome post.

Hello,

What's the model + year of the Ducato? The van is in production since more than 40 years, the CAN has been introduced to it almost 20 years ago, 2 models + 3 face liftings happened since. And various engines + setups.
Sorry guys I missed the most important info. It is a 2017 2.3 diesel.

And you've got this kind of gear lever?

Attachments

• 24849562-29fd-4339-b0bb-997143ba099d.jpeg
    24849562-29fd-4339-b0bb-997143ba099d.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 10
Hello together,

P1302
during the self Learning Test, the clutch pedal is to use, via the clutch pedal switch, the ECU regonized a manuall gearbox
regards klaus
Hi Klaus
Are you saying that I need to press the clutch pedal when starting?

Yes. But it a manual.

Your van has a manual gearbox with such lever? It cannot be manual and have the lever I posted earlier.

1711578038003.png

Because the lever I posted earlier is from a Conformatic gearbox. It's a motorized gearbox. The full automatic (which was available I think only later in the Ducato) has another lever. I can't find a photo online.

NavNie assumes that you have the Conformatic gearbox. Until you confirm clearly which kind of gearbox do you have those assumptions can be wrong.

Can you please clearly confirm (for example by posting a photo of the lever) which gearbox have you got in your van?

If you have a manual, it's quite strange that this kind of error appears. It could be, theorethically, related to the fact that you're using some kind of generic interface / reader. Even on the screen it says 2017 FL Ducato, model 250. Which is in my opinion strange. I'd say that FIAT started coding the vans made after 2014 the x290... But this info shall be confirmed.

One thing confirmed. In the x290 all 3 gearbox types were available, manual + the Marelli Selespeed (marketing name Conformatic) + the ZF full automatic. A screen from the MES application, which is dedicated to FIATs:

1711578527898.png

Last edited:
Your van has a manual gearbox with such lever? It cannot be manual and have the lever I posted earlier.

View attachment 441138
Because the lever I posted earlier is from a Conformatic gearbox. It's a motorized gearbox. The full automatic (which was available I think only later in the Ducato) has another lever. I can't find a photo online.

NavNie assumes that you have the Conformatic gearbox. Until you confirm clearly which kind of gearbox do you have those assumptions can be wrong.

Can you please clearly confirm (for example by posting a photo of the lever) which gearbox have you got in your van?

If you have a manual, it's quite strange that this kind of error appears. It could be, theorethically, related to the fact that you're using some kind of generic interface / reader. Even on the screen it says 2017 FL Ducato, model 250. Which is in my opinion strange. I'd say that FIAT started coding the vans made after 2014 the x290... But this info shall be confirmed.

One thing confirmed. In the x290 all 3 gearbox types were available, manual + the Marelli Selespeed (marketing name Conformatic) + the ZF full automatic. A screen from the MES application, which is dedicated to FIATs:

View attachment 441139
Yes it is definitely a manual gear box. I said yes to your first pic to agree with the position in the dash of the gear shift not it's mode. Not floor mounted or other. Mine is right hand drive. Sorry for the confusion.

Hello Benson978,

this is the solution described in eLearn as described. In my link P1302 above you can start manual the self learning functions. But bevor, you have to Check the Clutchpedal switch, with yor Diagnostic System The best solution is here to use MultiEcuScan.
A lot of Information about the self Learning procedere is here available: Fiat Decode: P1302 read the information from the Service Bulletins

regards Klaus

I've googled a little bit and found several threads on the same error appearing on different FIATs.

One of them is here on the forum:

Apparently in some situations the car modules do not know which gearbox type it has :D I'd try first the solution proposed in the above linked thread.

It's the first part of the procedure linked by @NavNie in post #13 here :)

Then check the clutch pedal switch (disconnect, use some contact cleaner spray, reconnect).

Those can be done without any additionnal equipment.

Then, there are 2 procedures to test in the engine module (both Bosch and Magneti), but both require MES:

1711762451095.png

Good luck :)

Back