Embroiding on seats.

Currently reading:
Embroiding on seats.

I really want to get some kind of Logo or motif embroidered to my new car seats. Is it possible or is there some way of doing it like the iron on stuff but better.

Cheers

Stu

LOL Still doesnt really answer the question though does it. I would rather not get them reupholstered as they are bucket style so i would imagine would be awkward.

A designer who doesnt know that new techniques for these kind of things can change on a daily basis. ;) What may have been relevant a year ago is almost certainly out of date today.

I assume embroidery has to be done with a sewing type machine. Wouldn't it be difficult to get a seat under one of them?

Thats why i asking if there are any new fangled techniques to do this.
I could get one made up and then hand sewn on. Im just worried that it wont blend in will look like its sewn on.

embroidery is done by computer... however, using a manchine

the computer will be hooked upto a machine that does the actual sewing and the computer will tell the needle where to go, based on teh image thats uploaded to the computer. we had one at my school. i cant imagine it will have advanced that much.

however... you need to get at both sides of the material so you cant stitch directly to the seats.

two options i can see.... either have the seats totally retrimmed by a pro with your choice of whatever sewn into the material, or... i can imagine anyone that offers an embroidery service for car seats knows a think or two about how to take off the material from a seat... so it might be a case of taking off the current 'covers' and stitching to that and then putting it all back together. theres no way you can get the logo or whatever put onto a different bit of material and sew that on somewhere. you will get a patchwork seat at it would look gash. unless it was like a centre pannel and you get that totally replaced

however unless there is a professionion lurking around on the forum... you arent going to know untill you actually speak to someone. however i do believe burple has some embroidery on his seats so speaking to Alaina might be a good idea

however my suggestions are purely based on logic

Last edited:
:cry: I was hoping for some kind of wonder method. Alaina had the whole seats done so i would imagine the embroidering would have been done pre fit. She may be able to pass on the details of the company so i can talk to them, cheers. (y)

Sure thing. The wonderful baileys of johnstone.
http://www.yell.com/b/Baillies+Upho...olsterers-Johnstone-PA58JB-6204031/index.html

Pretty nifty with the old sewing machine :p
211.jpg

excellent advice kay :)

Back