Croma Eleganza Automatic

Currently reading:
Croma Eleganza Automatic

angus macdonald

Bought one of these. It is my first automatic so I am still getting the hang of it. I read that if I want to up a gear, I should move gear lever left and up towards +. I have tried this at numerous speeds and revs but all I get is a loud bleep. Does not seem to go into 6th on its own till doing 60+mph so thought I could up it to 6th about 50mph on level stretches. Any info or advice welcome.

The speeds you quote are about right. My 2.4 will get 6th about 60mph, or just over 1500 rpm.
I have found the Aisin box excellent, but mostly leave it in drive. Rarely use the brakes.
Keith

Hi Angus, my 1.9 16v prestigio auto doesnt go into 6th until about 65-70 where it crusies then below 2k revs, great for long distance cruising and economy. Using the 'manual ' option the gearbox ecu only only you to change at safe speeds for the gearbox and it wont let you get into the gear manually if the revs are too low are high , hence the beep.
These cars are first class if they have been looked after although some problems with the early auto gearboxes. The auto boxes are made by Aisin as fitted in Vauxhall Saab, Volvo and many others.
Problems with auto boxes are gears slipping and jerking changes, solenoid valve problems with some early boxes, improved in later models. I had to have rebuild at 70k miles. Getting oil changed around every 30-40 k for long life seems a good idea. But great value and ride better than many much more expensive cars . good luck John

Back