General ECUs for turbo fueling, help me please (used search)

Currently reading:
General ECUs for turbo fueling, help me please (used search)

You V-tec'ing your 1242 or another panda? I pray you put some bigger brakes on it :eek: You still running the stock panda discs (227mm?) and drums or have you uprated them now?

Kristian

Another Panda (a track day car for my brother) which will have (proposed) 257mm discs and willwood 4pots on the front with 227mm and vw calipiers on the rear. Also on the list is full cage, plastic windows, carbon/glassfibre panels etc, aiming for 550kg, but will be happy with anything sub 600. When I get that one finished I've got my 'other' Panda project to start.

The 1242 16v is still running on the original brakes and are more than fine (they are the same as used on the Lancia y10 turbo with equal power). I have an uprated set ready to fit (257 vented, punto gt calipers, custom brackets) but it would have a longer pedal so am undecided at the moment:confused:

thanks for you help guys ! brilliant stuff !

i have been running the car with the 16v ECU since october. and its great.

so im really keep to use a piggyback system.
sounds like less work, and more play from the stage in at now.

for those asking, im in the process of getting a decompression plate cut. at 1.3mm giving a CR of about 8.92:1
i think this should be fine.

im serious about staying low boost. the car is already stupid quick !! and v fun

so if i buy a dastek Unichip. how will i tune/program it ?
and how many wires we talking playin with. 5,10,20 ????

think i will buy the ebay one.

thanks again people !

Last edited:
How low is low boost?

When VAD did the Cento conversions they did a low blow kit that kept the std CR. these reputedly were quite reliable.

i want 7-8 psi standard. maybe, 8.92:1 is unnecessarily low. but its still not a very low CR.
i wana be safe.

the dastek unichip option doesnt look good. they say it must be bought and fitted by a dealer, and no wiring diagrams are realesed to the public. boo !

microsquirt ! reading into that option.

aran.

anyone got any info on microsquirt ECUs ??

also.
iv bought a few turbos (GT15 off astra 1.7 D)
they all seem to have some oil in the compressor side.
is this ok ?
i know one of then is not good its a wobbler !! hah

but the other two hav a bit of oil in them but hav good feel on the axle.
woul doil drain into there when the car is scrapped or the turbo is removed and put on a shef for a while ???

thanks guys !

aran.

anyone got any info on microsquirt ECUs ??

also.
iv bought a few turbos (GT15 off astra 1.7 D)
they all seem to have some oil in the compressor side.
is this ok ?
i know one of then is not good its a wobbler !! hah

but the other two hav a bit of oil in them but hav good feel on the axle.
woul doil drain into there when the car is scrapped or the turbo is removed and put on a shef for a while ???

thanks guys !

aran.

http://www.microsquirt.com/

and it sound like you have some smokers too, where the turbo bearing oil seal has gone/going.

Microsquirt is designed more for bikes, and off roaders etc. It'll probably do the job, but a pre-built megasquirt will probably be better suited to you.

www.extraefi.co.uk is one of the best MegaSquirt uk suppliers.

Mtechauto or something similar are not recommended by any of the uk suppliers due to build and support problems so avoid them.

Kristian

Back