ECU key code

Currently reading:
ECU key code

sezkev

hi im kev!! i have a fiat bravo 1.6 16v on a 97 plate im having a bit ov a problem with it.
I got the car given to me by my uncle with the head gasket gone so i did the head gasket, the only thing is that its not starting and the reason is because the key that my uncle give me is only a copy it has no transponder in it, its not even a fiat key so it cant have.
I have a friend that can program a key for me but he tells me that i need the key code from the ECU, so i take it that its in a chip in the ECU?
With the info that i need iv done a bit ov eeprom reading on various other things just not to do with cars so if its possable can i read a atmel or a eeprom to get the info?
Where would i find the chip to read?

Regards Kev..........

oo i dont know if you would be able to decode the ECU yourself.
guessing the bravo on that plate has the dreaded red key system. decoding the ECU costs about £250 but i havent seen anyone on the forum able to do it themselves.

forums pretty quiet tonight as a lot of members are at skeggy.give it a couple of days for more info or swing by boo for another try

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum! If it works out you can't get the stuff decoded you could always buy a new ecu, ignition barrell etc and fit it yourself. You'd get the stuff cheap and maybe even get a red key! Just a thought!

Thank you

By cheap i meant off ebay, i got mine from there!

Last edited:
Back